Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Official Wingshooter Safaris Obregon Mexico Thread

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by Birdtaxidermy, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Birdtaxidermy

Birdtaxidermy Elite Refuge Member

I just have to say thanks to the boys from the fuge that joined me in Obregon for one of the all time greatest hunts of my Tenure as an outfitter. Brad (The Heron), Patricio (El Gato), and Todd (The Mink) are some hardcore hunters and we all are like minded in the way we love birds and hunting. It was a Pleasure gunning with you and eating pounds of bacon... Ruben and Miguel went above and beyond the call of duty and i am very proud to incorporate their program with my company... First rate is all I can say. The pics will do the rest..:tu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

Simply awesome! I wish I would have been able to go :cry

3. Birdtaxidermy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Birdtaxidermy

I really enjoyed gunning with Todd, we worked and effeciently focused on drake pintails, collecting some 5 star specimens. They surprisingly worked excessively loud mallard calls as did the wigeon and shoveler. Many of the teal were gone, as were the Whistling ducks, I think it was due to abnormally cold Weather. But there were LOTS of Pintails! There is nothing like hunting with a good "shooter"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Brant were the Highlight. Pacific Brant have always been high on my list and I was glad to get these for the collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course the bands were an added bonus...

[​IMG]

5. Birdtaxidermy

Management for the afternoon hunts was very good. Everyone had all the shooting they wanted in the brushy Mesquite and Cactus. Gambels quail were all over the place... Granted not easy to get, but with some effort, definately obtainable. They cooked dove at my request at least twice and it was outstanding.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Birdtaxidermy

We all were showered with great shooting and some unusual gifts. From the same blind we took 2 Hybrids. One was a Cinnamon X Bluewing i shot first (looks to be an f2), and a Shoveler x Cinnamon about an hour later. I wasnt sure about the Shov cinny, but after showing Pat, he said they tend to show a white crescent like a bluewing, with the chest being red, it said cinnamon, but the crescent was throwing me. Todd and i were working some Brant and the odd looking bird lit @ 10 yds, we both thought it was a Juvie Shoveler, then things just didnt add up... so we both whacked it...

Cinnawing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CinnaShoveler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forgot this one... Tony got a EURO AMERICAN X the last day..
    [​IMG]

7. SDduckaholic

SDduckaholic Senior Refuge Member

Shane,
    Please stop posting pictures of this hunt...
    Thank You!

8. Birdtaxidermy

One of our duck hunts was a collecting trip for Anas Diazi, one of the three recognized Mottled duck Species.. The Yaqui Valley is LOADED with them. We saw Hundreds of them on the fresh water irrigation Canals and were able to jump shoot them. We were allowed to import 2 each per USFWS Data. The Limit was 45 per person and I think they would have had us get the limit if we would have co-opereated with them! We collected some premier looking birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our Mexican Guides worked their tail off... They literally dove into the canals and got the birds. They put on a big show for us all. All of the bad publicity about traveling to Mexico has really hurt their economy, they were thankful we were there. After we collected all the Mottles we wanted, they tried to get us to keep shooting them. We kindly declined but figured out later that they really like to eat them because they feed on the grain and wheat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

There's two FINE STUDS in that shot! Neither of them is wearing a hat! What I wouldn't do for one of those :pra

10. Birdtaxidermy

The gifts kept coming... Todd and I were hunting in 35-40 mph winds and worked them over pretty good the last afternoon. You would literally blow over if you didnt keep your balance. 3 redheads crabbed across the spread and we each took the drakes and I doubled on the hen, literally...:dv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wasnt planning on bringing anything back, however, with a day like this, i had to do some skinning!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]