Oh yeah.....

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Sep 2, 2017.

1. lamsen95240

lamsen95240 Senior Refuge Member

I go back and forth, I thought this was the land of the free, free to choose what crappy beer you might like at that time. Christ maybe we do need a civil war to decide what beer is politely correct. without offending some limp small d Democrat. What ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Lighten up Francis

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

I wouldn't say all but definitely many. I have had members refuse to take use their contribution records during tax time even though it would have benefited them financially. On the flip side, when Jesus was asked about paying taxes he said "give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar" so biblically churches should be paying taxes.

4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Always thought Jesus was (theologically) The Church, and was speaking to men/individuals there, not The Church? If it's the Church's, it ain't Ceasar's.

Besides, is there a nickel a church receives that hasn't already been taxed? You ever wonder how many times the same $ gets taxed in our system? Where's joe117? LOL

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. Pastor

ALMODUX, I see what your saying but I've always believed that the church is compromised of the individuals who've been borne again and make up the bride and that Jesus is the groom. I made my statement about churches paying taxes because I've seen churches bow down and give up moral convictions because of threats of losing their tax exempt status. So if paying taxes is the cost for not watering down the churches stands them so be it.

6. Pastor

Comprised not compromised lol

7. ALMODUX

Understand completely, and appreciate the response as it reminded me of what I'd forgotten in that regard. You may also be all over what's behind some currently deviding church issues with homosexuality, as well. I think any financial 'threat' hanging over a church is a negative, whether tax status, suits, special interests, etc.

Pastor likes this.
  8. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

9. ALMODUX

Ah heck! Something else I missed while out of the country. Well, Joe and Ned are giving the Big Moderator fits about now.

API likes this.