Oklahoma Flyway Forum Sponsors

OKC lab help

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Flyway Forum' started by yankeegray, Mar 23, 2018.

1. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

My nephew job has transferred to north OKC from southern Il He has settled in and looking for a lab pup. Prefers English. Blood line if possible. Any suggestions on a good breeder would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me with any help Thanks in advance

2. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Not aware of any uk breedings in oklahoma

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

My first lab had the curly coat (down her back) in winter and shed to a summer coat along with the otter tail, robust torso and blockhead, more like the pic in the attached link. When we moved from north Alabama to the Mississippi gulf coast (1977) during her first vet visit a local patron asked, "what kind of dog is that!" and when I told her "Lab" she harrumphed and sniveled up her nose. That's when I suggested she take a peek at the January, 1976 cover of Sports Afield magazine and that she'd see a lady with her dogs that all looked very similar to Missy. She said "well, who was that lady?" Queen Elizabeth was my reply as she then scooted out the door with her lap dog in hand. The vet said Missy was a rarity in that part of the country as many of the local breeders were of dubious operational integrity. Based upon what I've experienced in Oklahoma, (as CS stated) you may have a daunting task in finding real English blood in labs hereabouts.

https://www.ckc.ca/en/Choosing-a-Dog/Choosing-a-Breed/Sporting-Dogs/Retriever-Labrador

This is a place your nephew may end up looking into as there are lab breeders and there are lab breeders.

https://www.sundanceretrievers.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_cLvmumK2gIVApR-Ch3-fgQqEAMYAyAAEgLlLfD_BwE

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  4. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Sorry I was in a rush the other night. I have a pup coming in june from a kennel in Mississippi Pm me and I will give you the contact info. Not cheap but what is these days It not wildrose

5. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

Sorry for the delayed response will relay this to my nephew and go from there CS if you don't mind I would like to contact you in June Thanks to all

6. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

sounds good