Oklahoma Flyway Forum Sponsors

Oklahoma Gun Dog Trainers

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Flyway Forum' started by qwk-qwk-b00m, Apr 3, 2017.

1. qwk-qwk-b00m

qwk-qwk-b00m Elite Refuge Member

It's been a while since I looked into the topic. I know some of the trainers I was familiar with have come and gone. I picked up a pup from Jeff at Washita about 4 years ago and am leaning toward him to do some finish work on my dog. Has there been anyone in OK that has come on the scene in the past 5 years or so that is doing some exceptional work?

2. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Jeff just put a hrch on my dog.

3. qwk-qwk-b00m

qwk-qwk-b00m Elite Refuge Member

Mind if I ask if he did the training start to finish and how long it took to title him?

4. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Yes he trained him start to finish but i took him during hunting season. How long is hard to say depends on the dog and what time of year you take the pup to him. Lots of factors go into that. It took awhile on my dog but that was on me because I never left him there for extended periods of time.

5. Cedar Edge

Cedar Edge New Member

I am getting ready to relocate to the Chickasha area by next spring. While that may be a little late for you, I am just putting it out there. I don't run a lot of test as I prefer to train. Website is cedaredgeretrievers.com. Specializing in top end gun dogs and young dog training.

6. Cedar Edge

Cedar Edge New Member

I am getting ready to relocate to the Chickasha area by next spring. While that may be a little late for you, I am just putting it out there. I don't run a lot of test as I prefer to train. Website is cedaredgeretrievers.com. Specializing in top end gun dogs and young dog training.

7. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Tulsa retriever club great guys can learn alot from some of these guys

8. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

9. J.Lattinville

J.Lattinville New Member

Might check Texoma Retrievers down in Geronimo. Justin Jackson is the trainer/owner. Damn good trainer and very reasonable.