Ol' 3 Beard

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Hard Core Brands, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Hard Core Brands

Hard Core Brands Senior Refuge Member

Pro Staffer Max Akerman shot a bird with 3 beards this past week! Anyone ever shoot a bird with more than one beard? Max akerman.jpg

2. duck recruiter

duck recruiter Senior Refuge Member

That is awesome. I've killed three with double beards. Two of those had one good beard and the other was like a pencil. The other was like the one you have there. It had a thick 10 1/2'' and a good 9''.

Hard Core Brands likes this.
  3. Tystix

Tystix Senior Refuge Member

Down in Douglas County about 3-4 years ago a Turkey was taken with 6 beards. The land owner said the guy that shot it had it mounted and that it went to one of the big hunting stores in Reno or something. I never saw it but the old man had no reason to lie.
    I shot one that year on his property with 3 beards totalling over 16".

The old man actually gets upset when we only leave with our 2 Turkeys. He's been begging us to 'thin' the herd for some time.

Our season opens on Friday and I'm going to try and hunt some public land before I resort to the private spot. Looking more for that sense of satisfaction of luring the birds all on your own.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Multi-beards are nifty. Not particularly unusual, but nifty. I've killed a few triple and a bunch of double over the years. Most I ever saw in person was nine. Killed in Fayette County, TN about fifteen years ago. Most were slimmer than a #2 pencil, but there was no denying they were individual beards.

5. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

luckily killed several multiple beard birds, most being a five beard Rio in west central Texas. Couple three bearded ones from Tennessee, and random states for double beards.