Old but:....17 HMR

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by sioutdoors, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Bill in Il

Bill in Il Senior Refuge Member

Varmint Al had adrop chart on his website comparing 17 HMR 17 gr. V-Max, 17HMR 20 gr. XTP, 17 HM2 17 gr. V-Max, and 22 LR 40 gr RN. Really is a nice drop chart from 0 to 300 yards in 25 yard increments. Also has the bullet drops charted on a graph. I tried to post it here but had some problems in doing so. If you would like a copy let me know and I will email to you.
    Bill

2. J. Plate

J. Plate Elite Refuge Member

The charts at Varmint Al's website are great, as a starting point. In my own experience, with my rifle.....it didn't shoot anywhere near those charts no matter what loads I was shooting.

With my scope dead on at 100 with the v-max bullets, the 20 gr HP Gamepoints shot 1" to the left and 3" low.

3. Bill in Il

Bill in Il Senior Refuge Member

My rifle would not shoot the CCI's very well either. I was referring to Varmint Al's drop chart comparing Hornady 17 grainers to Hornady 20 grainers. My results were fairly consistent to his. I have good friend and his rifle had a preference for the Hornady ammo also.

4. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Elite Refuge Member

thanks guys I'm gonna hold of on the fmj until I can shoot them thanks again