Older Dogtra Collar vs New Dogtras vs TT

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Losthwy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Losthwy

Losthwy Elite Refuge Member

I have an older Dogtra 1200. The blinking low battery light blinks when it is basically dead. And I have to charge it every week. Are the new ones better/improved? The batteries have lasted about two years.

I have been told the TT collars hold their charge for several weeks, can't over charge them, batteries last longer and when they begin blinking they still have enough charge to get through the day.

What about the new Dogtras?

2. goldeneyeretriever

goldeneyeretriever Senior Refuge Member

My advice is to change the batteries on your older collar.

I have an older Dogtra 2000 that I like. I had the same issue with batteries,after seven years of daily use, so I just replaced them for about $20.00. Good as new.

I feel the older Dogtra collars are far superior to the newer ones. Training partners have newer dogtra models and they seem to be less reliable and more comparable to the "cheaper" brands than they are to the older Dogtras.

I have had no battery issues with my TT collar, but it is only about 4 years old.

3. wingman

wingman Senior Refuge Member

i would change out batteries. i have the older 200 ncp and i am on a month of 4 days a week training without a recharge.

4. TroyFeeken

TroyFeeken Senior Refuge Member

In my almost 5 yr old TT Pro 200 G2, I can easily get a month without having to charge with it being used a typical 4 days a week throughout the summer and nearly the same in the fall until water freezes when hunting. It's also bullet proof after being slogged through spring snow goose mud and dropped in many ponds.