olduckhunter....

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by MGDUCK2, Apr 14, 2010.

1. catdaddylong

catdaddylong Elite Refuge Member

I was under the impression it was a week but MG probably knows. Old is not like a lot of folks who just have a lot of time on their hands. He's out doing what he likes this time of the year, killing turkeys and catching fish. First bad weather day we have he will probably post something. When Old speaks, the World listens.

Cat

2. im4duks

im4duks Elite Refuge Member

3. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

he is around.....:yes

4. duckunter

duckunter Senior Refuge Member

Dad(olduckhunter) passed away on May 31, 2016. My brother and I miss him. He was a hunting legend in our area and was quite a good duck call maker. He went on his final hunt in March, about a month and a half before he died. He killed a turkey. He carried it in. He cleaned, cooked, and ate it. He emailed me and told me he had just gone on his last hunt. My brother and I miss him. All in all he was a good man who lived life on his terms. Not many get to do that. I wrote his obituary posted below. I also did a eulogy which I may post later. My brother took his death hard. I, for some reason have yet to cry.

Wendell Ray Fritz, son of the late William Gordon and Zena Ella Cox Fritz He was born July 14, 1940, in Paragould, Arkansas and passed away May 31, 2016, at St. Bernard’s Regional Medical in Jonesboro, Arkansas at the age of 75 years.

Wendell started his life in the Imboden, AR area. He moved with his family to Senath, MO while he was in grade school. Wendell loved to try to make people laugh and if you didn’t laugh, he laughed for you.

Wendell was taught by his father to be an outdoorsman. He soon turned that into a passion. He became known locally as an avid hunter and fisherman. He left many friends as former hunting and fishing partners, as well as many who preceded him in death.

When he was 20 years old he started his farming operation with his father. He was soon able to make a living supporting his family by doing what he loved. When Wendell retired from farming, he returned to the Arkansas hills he loved so much.

He married Linda June Petty on June 17, 1961, in Arbyrd, Mo. She preceded him in death on February 18, 2009. Survivors include: 2 sons: James R. Fritz and wife, Vanessa of Newburgh, Indiana John L. Fritz of Senath 1 brother: Joseph Donald Fritz of Senath 2 sisters: Margie Singer of Pocahontas, AR Billie Ann Fritz Braden of Senath, Missouri. 5 grandchildren: Katelyn L Fritz, Mallory E. Fritz, Tucker P. Fritz, Hannah E. Fritz, and Jack N. Fritz. He was also survived by other relatives and many friends, all of whom he loved. He was preceded in death by a daughter, Melinda Elise Fritz.

Funeral service will be Thursday, June 2, 2016 ,1:00 P.M. at the McDaniel Chapel in Senath. Burial will be in the Lulu Cemetery. The visitation will be Thursday June 2, beginning at 11:00 A.M. and continue until service time. Pallbearers:Sean Droke, Jason Chandler, Wendell Morris, T.J. Chandler, Bill Harris and Jerrod Keating.

5. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed coversing with him on these forums. Always told me my deer would have been a good one in a couple years.... Always talked about meeting if he ever got up toward Evansville but unfortunately kinda lost touch after he left here and the ADT.

6. duckunter

duckunter Senior Refuge Member

Thank you. Fetch, who was permanently banned from here left condolences on his obituary website. I've been trying to reach him. So far I have not.

You're not far from me then. I'm in Newburgh.

7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

James,
    So sorry to hear about your father. Had some great conversations with him over the years. The world is a lesser place.

duckunter likes this.
  8. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

So very sad to read this.

duckunter likes this.
  9. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

Wendell was a great man....I will miss him

duckunter likes this.
  10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I'll never forget how he would always get the Dudley Do Rights worked up on the main forum over corn baiting, water swatting, and shooting lead.

RIP Old.

duckunter likes this.