olduckhunter....

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by MGDUCK2, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I lived in SE IL until 2010 when I got a divorce. Live on the westside of Evansville now.

2. Hiram Evans

Hiram Evans Senior Refuge Member

That is just sad, sad. Great old guy who had a good time. Too bad his wisdom and wit was not allowed here for the past few years. Everyone who read his stuff and had any sense will miss him.

duckunter likes this.
  3. DHC

DHC Elite Refuge Member

I met old probably 7 or 8 years ago, and would stop by and visit him on my trip to our deer camp when I got the chance. From the first time I met him he treated me like an old friend and we had some really great conversations. The world was a better place with him in it. So sorry for your loss!

Hugatree and duckunter like this.
  4. duckunter

duckunter Senior Refuge Member

I don't know if you got a chance to meet my mom, but she bought that house with dad in mind. It sits adjacent to our farm and I love staying there whenever I get a chance. They both loved that place and it was perfect for them. Thanks for your kind words.

5. duckunter

duckunter Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, my eulogy talked about his outlaw ways. His stories were true. We did all of that. He used lead for about 10 years after it was illegal. He used to tell us, don't shoot until they're all bunched up together on the water. Breasting out ducks behind the blind was a common occurrence.
    Thanks.

Hugatree likes this.
  6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like you had a good teacher. Sorry for your loss, friend.

7. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to hear about the passing of the internet legend Old Duck Hunter. He did have a great sense of humor and I always enjoyed his stories and tales about hunting the St Francis. Our paths crossed on this forum, and another from time to time, and he will be greatly missed.

8. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I am so very sorry to hear this. I remember I used to talk to him and he would always have good stories and we would laugh at all the do gooders. He told me he had a son in Evansville. I live about 45-50 minutes south of there and never caught up with him. Wished I had the opportunity to meet the Legend now.

Mayes

9. supermag

supermag Senior Refuge Member

While I never had the opportunity to meet your Dad, I enjoyed reading the wisdom and wit he shared here.

Sorry to hear of his passing......

10. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Never met the man in person (my loss), but always enjoyed the stories...no doubt at all he was cut from "old school" cloth.

My condolences to you and yours.

Hugatree likes this.