O'Mordha Pheasant Noodle Soup

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by O'Mordha, Jan 5, 2010.

1. O'Mordha

O'Mordha Banned

So this recipe developed on a whim. I originally was just going to boil some pheasant in order to utilize the meat for tacos or enchiladas, then I progressively, through much encouragement from me wife... decided to make my dish into a soup. Here's what I did...

What you'll need:
    3 Pheasants (I had two roosters and a hen, club birds with their tags)
    Sage
    Garlic Powder
    Onion Powder
    Crushed Garlic *Fresh*
    Salt/Pepper
    Wine *Preferably a dry white*
    Celery *Chopped*
    Carrots *Chopped*
    Butter
    Chicken Bouillon Cubes *Enough to make 8 cups of broth*
    Parsley *Fresh/Chopped*
    Medium Yellow Onion “Fresh/Chopped or quartered*
    Egg Noodles or whichever you prefer

Breast each pheasant and remove the legs and thighs, keeping the legs and thighs together and intact. If you’re anal like me also remove the excess meat around the rest of the carcass as well. Wash the meat thoroughly making sure to take extra time on cleaning up any shot areas. Place all of the pheasant meat (minus the carcass) in a deep pan or something big enough to handle a lot of liquid, think big soup operation. Add onion, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, salt/pepper, fresh garlic (good amount), butter (couple tablespoons), and about a cup or so of wine. Turn on the heat, stir occasionally and let the wine reduce and the meat soak it in. While that is going on, boil 8 cups of water and add the bouillon, voila broth. Add your broth to the pan with the pheasant, bring to a boil… then reduce heat and simmer for 1 ? hours. After 1 ? hours, remove all of the pheasant and shred/pull the meat from the leg and thigh bones, then add your chopped celery and carrots along with the now shredded pheasant meat, and simmer for another 1 1/2 hours. Finally, for the last half an hour, add your noodles and parsley.

Amazing.

3 hours total of cooking to pheasant noodle soup euphoria.

Your mother’s soup has nothing on mine.

I didn't measure out any of the seasoning and what not, just added accordingly. It'd be really hard to screw this up.

Pics to follow.