Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

On Line Petition Against Outfitting and Guding In Idaho

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by goosepond, Dec 13, 2009.

1. A.Platyrhynchos

A.Platyrhynchos Senior Refuge Member

Wanted to sign and throw 2 cents on top of that but it's closed.

2. Wally Dog

Wally Dog Senior Refuge Member

Since the first meeting of the "advisory group" is April 8, maybe this ought become active again?
    WD

3. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Ok so I thought I'd put this update out there. A meeting, and I believe it will be telecast via different F&G Offices will be Oct 14, 2010 at 6-9pm. It would be a great time for all that support this position to attend your local F&G office and flood the OGLB with your thoughts and comments, Hopefully they will be allowed, at least by showing up will show a stance of support. I will post more to everyone as the date gets closer so you all will know the schedule and where you can view the meeting/telecast.

4. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Any updates? How did the meeting go?

5. goosepond

Meeting was cancelled by OGLB Check the IWA website: http://www.idahowaterfowl.org/ for futher updates when they come in. I still ecourage everyone who is against this to join IWA and show your support.

6. goosepond

Good morning folks. Here is an update on the issue by the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board. The next and possibly the last meeting by the Advisory Group on the issue of Guiding for Waterfowl is on October 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM and this will be a teleconference meeting. The F&G offices that will have or broadcast this meeting by telecast are:

Idaho Department of Fish & Game headquarters
    Region 2, IDFG Office, Lewiston
    Region 4, IDFG Office, Jerome
    Region 6, IDFG Office, Idaho Falls

I dont know why Region 5 isnt included, but if anyone from Region 5, Southeast Idaho, is interested in this meeting, contact your Fish and Game Office to ask why they cant broadcast it for you. Same goes for the Salmon Region.

Go to the IWA website - http://www.idahowaterfowl.org/forums/index.php?topic=1625.0, to see the agenda topic(s) that are going to be discussed. I just recieved notice of this meeting, but I hope that you and all of your friends that want to see one of Idahos premier wildlife resources protected for all of Idaho's Sportsmen and women can attend this meeting and hear the discussions on this topic.

I hope to see or atleast hear of a great turnout at this meeting.

Thanks
    Rick Martin

I hope to see or atleast hear of a great turnout at this meeting.

7. goosepond

Here is a very critical meeting that will also be done by video conference folks. might be a great time to give input to a group of sportsmen and women that will help us support no guiding for waterfowl and turkey. The monthly ISCAC meeting is:

November 3, 2010
    6:30 pm to 9:00 pm

Trophy Room headquarters bldg, at 660 S. Walnut, Boise and regional F&G offices by video conferences. 6:30 to 9pm MST.

Look for some good attendance again.

8. goosepond

9. goosepond

All,
    This email is being sent to those who have expressed interest in the subject of waterfowl and turkey guiding and outfitting in Idaho.

The waterfowl and turkey guiding issue is now going public, advisory group meetings have finished. IDFG commision will be presented the results later this month at their commission meeting. No consensus was reached in the advisory group and the official position of Idaho Sportsmens Caucus Advisory Council and Idaho Waterfowl Association is that we are against all outfitting and guiding for waterfowl in Idaho.

There will be a public hearing where you can voice your opinion to the commission. The hearing is Jan 26th at 7pm at the IDFG headquarters in Boise. (you enter around the back of the building that houses all the offices). Please plan on showing up if you can. This will be a topic at this meeting and then a joint IDFG/IOGLB meeting in March.

Here is the agenda item from IDFG:
    http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/about/commission/11agenda/jan/5.pdf

Here is a quick blurb on this in the Idaho Statesman:
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/01/06/1477466/panel-finds-no-consensus-on-guiding.html

For those that are unable to make the meeting you can also find the contact info for the IDFG commission and IOGLB here.
    IDFG: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/about/commission/members.cfm
    IOGLB: http://www.oglb.idaho.gov/oglbhome.htm

Thanks,
    Bryce Cook
    Idaho Waterfowl Association

And heres another one -

Sent: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 2:07 pm
    Subject: RE: Update on Waterfowl and Turkey Outfitting and Guiding in Idaho

All,
    I have recieved questions on the best method to comment on this. This is what I recieved from IDFG on best methods for commenting.

The following below is a quote from IDFG Mary Boyer:

"If they want to send an email to me I will print for the commissioners and include in our meeting minutes. They could also send a letter to my attention asking for it to be part of the public record. I can print and give to commissioners. The Chairman usually notes in the meeting that the commission has received written comment from different individuals. "

Email:
    mary.boyer@idfg.idaho.gov

Fax:
    208-334-4885

Mail:
    IDFG
    Attention Mary Boyer
    600 S Walnut, P.O. Box 25
    Boise, ID 83707
    Thanks,
    Bryce Cook

10. goosepond