Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

one volley and they dropped 287 snows

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Feb 22, 2017.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I don't know. I watched around the 2:07 mark and saw guys pulling the trigger as fast as possible . Perhaps a gatling gun . There must be a faster shooting high capacity magazine 12 gauge they could use instead.

Found one......[​IMG]

2. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Relax fellas and respect each others point of view on things. Ridiculing each other for having a different point of view is one of the things that is tearing our country apart.

Empty Skies and KID CREOLE like this.
  3. DuckSLu7

DuckSLu7 Senior Refuge Member

Although would be entertaining to do once, largely feel this gives hunting a bad name. Some of the continued crip shooting is also disturbing to me as a gun safety purist. Good thing there's not 1 speck or lesser in the group...

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I learned a long time ago the best way to drop big numbers per shot of snows on a jump or over decoys is to focus on shooting a single in the thick parts of the group. Spray and pray isn't nearly as good at opening big holes.

Pirogue likes this.
  5. Hau9358

Hau9358 New Member

Wapiti is full of poop, I've hunted with this guy a few times and you are the most unethical guy I've ever been around. Anything you can do to kill a bird and throw them in the ditch! Kinda like calling the kettle black aren't ya?! I'm just messing around. He's nothing like that, moreover has to hold me back from doing what I would have done when I was in my twenties. And that's just the point, some of us have been there done that. The issue is if it's legal and that's what the states want the. Folks will do it. whether you like it or not it legal, you do t have to be the guy who does it. Like Wapiti said, keep your thoughts to you self until someone decides what these guys are doing is illegal. I'm not for it either but I do t make the laws.

DaPutts likes this.
  6. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

The only point I was trying to make is that we may not agree with each other about decoying vs. jumping, but we need to respect each others point of view. I can never discourage someone from jumping birds, as that was how I hunted them initially and truth be told, that is where my passion for snow geese was born. And I suspect that there are plenty of others who are in the same boat. And if jumping really bothers someone, why not send a PM or other message to the guys who post these videos and invite them out into your spread to see how the "other half lives"?

GK1, GOOSEMANRDK and KID CREOLE like this.
  7. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

Have you ever hunted spring midwest snows? I'd love to have you come out here and show us all how to kill so many adults you put the population in check.

8. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

No way in hell decoyers or jumpers can keep the population in check. You could jump squaw daily with an army and still wouldn't put dent in bird numbers. All jumping and decoying does is disrupt migration and roost patterns.

LuxuryHunter and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  9. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

I agree, but timing is EVERYTHING(on a jump).... pick out your thickest group, focus on that one bird in the midst of that wad, wait for that split second of silence(the moment when All of their heads pop up), and shot that one bird before the silence is broken. There will be a path of dead geese throughout that pattern path...if chasing cripples is your ideal of fun continue picking out singles in that wad on the upswing. They will rain for a while... or so I've been told

10. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Yes I have for 10 straight years, I know how extremely tough they can be in the spring. At any point did I say killing adults in the Midwest during the CO was easy, iy is the toughest bird there is to decoy

My point, so its clear and you can understand is that killing as many adults as possible in the fall especially in Canada would have more of an impact then shooting not breeding juvies, does that clear it up for you