Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

one volley and they dropped 287 snows

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Feb 22, 2017.

1. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

My winchester SX2 will shoot at a faster rate of semi-auto fire than a saiga does, unless the saiga is a class 3 dealer sample converted full auto. :)

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Why not a full gatling gun converted to 12 gauge. Shoot TSS #4 or #5 and you have a 120 yd shredding machine. You could probably shoot 80-90 shots per flock, at about $3 a pop. Expensive, but man will you drop all those long birds ......

it just gets silly after awhile.

3. 7summits

7summits Senior Refuge Member

Man, I have been known to jump shoot a time or too over the past 20 yrs, and never thought twice about it, or had uneasy feeling about the number of birds I shot, but the aftermath in this video was pretty tough to watch. It is all fun to take the initial shots, but the cleanup work is another thing. Not very often I feel a bad for game I shoot, but there is no way I could walk out into that field with the majority of the birds suffering like that, without second guessing what I had just done.

snipe n likes this.
  4. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Great argument for doing more jump shooting and less decoying.

5. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I do it once a year and regret it every time. Not because I feel guilty killing a bunch of birds but dang, its hot, muddy and the bird cleaning never ends. I always say I'll never do it again, then end up crawling down a ditch the next season.

riverrat09 likes this.