OOSers, Change Gonna Come

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by bullpinnie, May 4, 2017.

1. K Kalls

K Kalls Senior Refuge Member

Take it from someone that comes from a state with a draw you don't want one. I have been duck hunting since 1968 and hunting Arkansas since 1974. This is what you can look forward to if they put a draw in. You draw at 4:30am and you have to have 2 or 3 people to draw. And if your by yourself you can forget about hunting that day. And if you work midnights and don't get off of work until 5 or 6 and your buddies are meeting to go hunting. Nope you missed the 4:30 draw. Or they could take ideas from other states and have one time draw in summer for the spots that fall. MG was right no draw. Don't mess with what you have you may not think it's very good beleave me it is, take it from someone that has put up with a draw state.

2. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

MG I can live with that.

Mostly all I want is for the whiners to stop whining and just hunt. All the whining brings about is more useless regulations that accomplish nothing, and most of those regulations are getting implemented on every WMA regardless of how inapplicable they are. If it keeps on, nobody will be hunting anywhere.

Hugatree likes this.
  3. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

You are right, the spring flooding is just as detrimental.

If they really want to save BM, the solution is a couple of doziers flattening all the levees and letting mother nature take back over. It will flood when it's supposed to flood, it will be dry when it's supposed to be dry, and if they will stop publishing the "weekly waterfowl report" with water levels, and the hunting will be most excellent for the locals that know when there's some water around the trees. :)

ArkieMan, rhpierce and Hugatree like this.