Opening "days" with the girls... 2016

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Squaller, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Opening day of dove season, I garnered the courage to take both girls hunting, and leave mommy at home. We were expecting an easy and quick shoot, as during our scouting trips, there were tons of birds… Well, a bit of a cold snap came in, and pushed the majority of birds out… The girls hung tough in the hot weather for a 4 hour hunt… They got into plenty of mischief, and managed to completely cover themselves in dirt.

Fighting over the BB-gun with a limit of dove, and some bonus Euro’s:

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

This picture pretty much sums up the attitude of the entire adventure:

[​IMG]

The last couple years, I have included my wife and oldest daughter on my opening weekend adventures. I cannot take a guest the first day (due to crowding issues), but they come out on Saturday afternoon, and hunt with me on Sunday. This year was the first year that my youngest (Saidee) joined in the mix.

This will likely be the last time that I take both girls together duck hunting. They do well on the outdoor adventures one on one, but as a team they drive me nuts… They get into way more trouble, they bicker, and seemingly pick just the moment when a flock of birds is locked up to start screaming about who gets what cookie… Still… good times.

This was the slowest opener I have ever seen, nor could have imagined. Luckily there were a few birds around on Sunday, and we did have the excitement of calling a goose in from a long distance right in to the decoys (geese are not rare, but not all that common, and even less common on the opener).

The whole family duck hunting:

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

The girls holding up what few birds we had on the second day:

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

I’d love to see some more pictures of the ladies in the field…

CAPTNDAVIE likes this.
  2. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Great stuff!