Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Opening weekend

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by o/u, Nov 26, 2012.

1. o/u

o/u Senior Refuge Member

We had a good one.Friday we had 1gw teal 1 woodie 2 gaddies and 4 geese.Saterday we had 7gaddies 2 mallards and 6 geese was a good opener.:tu

2. Fowl-Mouth

Fowl-Mouth Elite Refuge Member

Sweet.

Heard Gary's isn't producing just yet. I bet it will start once full season rolls around and pressure gets on the lake.

3. o/u

o/u Senior Refuge Member

Yea Gary hasnt got them yet but he will.We had a bunch of birds early hear that left about a week before season.The big ducks worked better this weekend than i have seen them do in along time.We did not shoot any birds over30yrd. everthing wes feetdown over the deeks.:tuHow did yall do?

4. Fowl-Mouth

I took my son up to Arkansas so we weren't here for the opener. Had a good time up there with him, shot a few ducks and he killed his first blue goose.

Here, we got to get some rain to fill our timber hole, that is if Jason put the boards in a couple of weeks ago. :confused: :nutz

5. o/u

o/u Senior Refuge Member

Yea i have to small ponds right now that are bone dry.One of the i was shooting greenwings and mallards off of it on the 2nd opener last year and it has no water in it now:cryTell the little man congrats on the blue.:tu

6. Fowl-Mouth

So whats the report from the LA ponds? Haven't heard from Gary. I put cedar shakes on the house this weekend instead of hunting LOL

7. o/u

o/u Senior Refuge Member

Hunted the river on the 2 opener and killed a few woodies.Gary is still not seeing anything.We are going back to our ponds this weekend we have a few mallards and gaddies on one pond and some geese lofeing on anther one for sunday.We have got to have some water or we are going to be in bad shape before to long.

8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

11-23-12: 3 men: 10 bluebills, 8 grays
    11-24-12: 3 men: 9 bluebills, 9 grays
    12-1-12: 3 men: 12 bluebills, 3 gwt, 1 bwt, 1 wigeon, 1 shoveler
    12-2-12: 16 nice trout, biggest 19"

9. o/u

o/u Senior Refuge Member

Hell yea looks like have been doing good.:tu

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Eh, We been doin decent. Don't really like to shoot divers, but there are lots of them this year. Besides that, the gray ducks are already blind/boat/decoy shy. Guess it cause they have been flushed out by 30 surface drives every day for the last month by dumba$$es who don't know how to scout with binocs.