Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Opinion needed...I'm out $650...

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by Cougar125, Feb 18, 2014.

1. PaPaBear

PaPaBear Elite Refuge Member

20151102_161035.jpg Here is a picture of a mount i just got back from FINS TO FEATHERS who is a sponsor on this site
    if you would have called a Taxidermist from here you would not be in the predicament
    when you do get your money back give them a call i am shore he could help you out

2. dbohunts

dbohunts Senior Refuge Member

see post #29 papabear

3. PaPaBear

dbohunts
    I bin using Richie for many years and all his birds are very life like.
    he has done bear and deer for me also and many small game all his mounts are excellent.

If your going to bash a sponsor from this site you better get your facts right

4. 2n1shot

2n1shot Senior Refuge Member

I tend to agree with dbo on this. It doesn't mean anything that he's a sponsor other than he paid the money to be. He may do a great deer or bear, but I am not impressed with that duck mount. I kept my mouth shut on the post you made about it, but I could and would definitely ask for more. That is not a quality mount IMO.

5. dbohunts

dbohunts Senior Refuge Member

Papa, I didn't bash anyone. I simply referred you back to another post. However, here is a fact, judging by the 1 picture you posted I would not be happy with that mount. Your opinion on excellence and mine obviously differ. I'm sure he has done some good mounts for you, but I based my post on the 1 picture/fact you provided.

If you are happy with that mount then that's what matters in the end.

6. eorlando

eorlando Senior Refuge Member

I have to agree with this as well. I saw the original post as well and didn't say anything. I wouldn't be very happy with the way it turned out either. I for sure wouldn't be bragging on here about how great it turned out. Just sayin...

7. PaPaBear

I am not looking to have a war just stating my opinion
    you only seen the one bird i have seen his work for years If you think you have a nicer mount Please lets see it
    post your mount by your taxidermist I have a room fulled by his work and every one who see's his work says the same his work is very good

8. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I would love to see some more of his work then. The only picture I have seen the eyes really jumped out to me. I can't post any pictures of a good mount because the one trophy I got was done by a pretty poor taxidermist and I wasn't happy with the mount. I have seen good mounts in person by a couple taxidermists that are quite incredible, one of which was done by Birdman Studios (also a sponsor).

9. oneshot maybe

oneshot maybe Elite Refuge Member

You hire a guy because you like his work, not because he paid to be a sponsor or because you like his prices. Most folks wouldn't know good work from bad. These comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, just pointing out that anyone can pay to be a sponsor.

10. Dale C.

Dale C. Senior Refuge Member

Papabear,

Nobody wants to criticize, nobody wants to tell someone that something they like, is not so good. I, my self wanted to tell you your mount was not good. I thought I would post a pic of a quality mount that I pulled off the interweb. Look at them side by side.

Dale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]