Opportunity to provide feedback and etc.

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Munsterlander12, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Munsterlander12

Munsterlander12 New Member

FYI
    If you are interested there is an opportunity to provide input to the DNR throughout the season along with letting the DNR know how things are looking in your area.

You can also look at the "Notes From The Field" reports that DNR biologists are providing this year. Here you can read about what wildlife staff are seeing on the ground and any area updates that might effect your hunting plans this fall. You can also provide input on these reports and how helpful the reports are or how we could improve them in the future .

All information can be found on:
    https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/WildlifeHabitat/wfsurveys.html

9-6-18 (1).JPG

2. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

I simply cannot wait until the northern zone freezes out with 10 days left in the season. The crab a s s i n g will be epic.

3. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Here's a scouting report.... Last weekend there was teal everywhere. Scouting today, not so much. Of course there will be some BWT in people bags this weekend but last weekend and earlier this week would have been magical.

hyper23 likes this.
  4. pud123

I will also say that it is incredibly refreshing to have a staff that seems to now understand that reaching out to hunters provides information. The changes in season structure input, even if I didn’t agree with the changes, was clearly evident. Lots more people offered up input this year due to the DNR reaching out through multiple social platforms. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

5. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

29 for the overnight going into Saturday with NW wind. So long BWT.

Will be filling bag on woodies and mallards.

6. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

What you fail to understand is there is always open water around somewhere up here with the rivers. If we don't get much snow we can hold huntable populations of birds well into December and can have some great hunts right up to the close with concentrated birds.

Your turning into another Tony Toye and assuming what happens around you happens everywhere in the state.

7. pud123

I can assure you I understand how the north zone goes Ruff. I hunt it quite regularly and live 2 blocks from the zone line. Let’s have this conversation again Thanksgiving and see how the zone is doing, I’ve got my doubts. While there is open water year around, once the skinny stuff freezes 90% of the ducks move on.

8. FAIRCHASE

FAIRCHASE Senior Refuge Member

Pud I agree with you 100%! Not trilled with the changes but I will wait to see. It will be hard to find birds unless we get warmer than normal season. Seasons weather do change every year some. Did miss the earlier start.

9. pud123

The way the extended forecast looks both zones could see some major freeze out in the next two weeks. Next 7 days they aren't calling for it to hit 40 at all. Lows in the teens at night. Skinny water was freezing up this morning already. I hope my northern zone guys don't loose a whole week with the weather.

1duckmaster likes this.
  10. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

The colder the better, they find the dams, follow them from there. Have most of fields locked up around the river. I do better when most things freeze up:)