OT- Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Bre5584, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Bre5584

Bre5584 Senior Refuge Member

Hey ladies, I need some advice. It's a little silly, but something HAS to be done!
    My boyfriend is the MESSIEST person on the face of the Earth. I, on the other hand, am probably borderline OCD and like to live in a pretty clean environment. Our leading arguement always has to do with his messes. He leaves a trail and I feel like I just follow him around all day cleaning up after him so the house doesn't look like a pig pen.

I know I'm not the only woman who has had to deal with this-- most all of them have to be trained... :yes
    (Not saying there aren't some messy women out there, too!)

How can I get him to pick up after himself a little better???! If any of you have been in this position, what were your tactics? It's driving me insane! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

I've been married for 20 years...

You should probably regroup if it's a huge issue you can't deal with.

They don't change.

:z

3. Bre5584

they sure don't...
    it's getting pretty close to that, it feels. some days, anyways.

i don't usually quit without trying, though.

4. Kimmie

You shouldn't quit if you love him but, just be prepared to clean up after him for the rest of your life. Been there, doing it. Mine's problem is that his mom still thinks he's 4 :flame She never made him clean his room or do much of anything indoors so he just takes it for granted that "it'll get done because she can't stand living with it..." and it does.

I love him dearly, don't get me wrong... Just sometimes when I come home and his entire wardrobe for the day is sitting at his feet in front of the sofa I could just strangle him with his dirty socks.

;)

5. Bre5584

yep- it's one of those things i guess i'm going to have to make my mind up on. better now then to wait til we're married hoping things will change!

mine's problem is he was raised by grandma. so obviously he didn't have to do a THING. we have a huge closet and yes, his clothes make it to the closet, but then they get dumped on the floor and sit there til i hang them up. it's going on about 2 months they've been sitting there now and everytime i get in the closet i get irritated. :rolleyes:

haha i guess it's time to quit this thread before it turns into a "rant about what annoys you most about the opposite sex" conversation. i'm surprised there haven't been any smart comments from the men who usually come through here... must be guilty themselves! :yes

6. Kimmie

7. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

It's somewhat of a trade off around here (28 yrs). I leave a mess in the bedroom chair, she leaves a mess in the kitchen. Dang that girl can cook (taught her everything I know).........:amen:bow

8. Hunterchick

Hunterchick New Member

I agree, they will not change...and neither will we. All I can say is talk to him about it, and agree to something small like, putting his clothes in the laundry basket every day. Over time, you may be able to add things to the "list of daily chores" but baby steps.

9. TexasHunter36

TexasHunter36 Banned

Ditch the dude... :tu

Get ya a Texas boy, we are clean, and can probably hunt better than him....

Did I mention I really like teachers?:cool:

10. Bre5584

haha who doesn't love teachers??

and i guarantee anyone can hunt better than him- he's not a hunter and i outshoot him every single time we compete!:yes