OT- Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Bre5584, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

If you take nothing from this conversation just remember this.

Women marry men expecting them to change but they don't. Men marry women expecting them not to change but they always do. In ten years or less, your both unhappy!! Hence the greater than 50% divorce rate now a days. Good luck with wedding. At least make sure you can raise the kids all by yourself before you decide to have some.

2. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

Mine just has a wall of shame that's what I call it. If he wants his clothes washed, they'll eventually make it to the basket instead of the floor. I'm not a neat freak myself so I can't complain too much, but after 20 yrs, it doesn't change, besides he keeps the yard in pristine condition. Life's too short to sweat the little stuff anyway.

3. TexasHunter36

TexasHunter36 Banned

Ah.... Id have a problem with that. No way I could let a girl out shoot me. Id have a complex after that and decide to sell all my guns and give up hunting. Might as well become a tofu eating hippie. :p :no

4. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Bre,

Hunterchick is right, baby steps. It's all training. If you work from small steps up, you'll have him doing windows in 20 yrs. My house would be spotless if Cabelas wouldn't send out 10 catalogs a week. And ya can't throw one away, you might find something on sale! :D

Good luck babe, it's a long road! :scratch

Doug

5. Bre5584

Bre5584 Senior Refuge Member

i started not doing his laundry- i even went so far as to separate the towels, but then he always beat me to the clean ones. i wouldn't have a problem with doing things for him if he showed some effort and appreciation.

my dad has asked him for a few months now to clean out the gutters and he's made no attempt. he sits in front of his playstation for hours on end, instead.

i agree life is too short to sweat the small stuff. and in all reality he is slowly catching on. i used to follow him around the kitchen and shut cupboard doors behind him. he at least doesn't do that anymore!

doug- i agree- or at least maybe he'll be lucky enough to be around in twenty years to wash the windows...!

thanks for all the advice, everyone!

6. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

Maybe you should limit his time with the playstation.........:yes