OT Kit Carson

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Red foot, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Red foot

Red foot Elite Refuge Member

It is a well-known fact that when Kit Carson was done exploring the West, he lived on a small farm in Fort Lyon, Colorado. One day, the famous frontiersman decided to surprise his wife Josepha with eggs and fish for breakfast.

Rising early, he went down to the henhouse and collected some fresh eggs. There were only six. On the way back, he stopped at the pond and landed a magnificent large-mouth bass. He wasn’t sure how to carry everything – then he had an idea. He carefully dropped the eggs inside the fish and started for home.

Suddenly, the hero found himself confronted by a mean, hungry looking wolf. Fearing that he might become a meal for the canine, he threw the bass aside and hurried up a nearby tree. From there, he watched as the wolf grabbed his fish and eggs and ran off.

When Carson got back home empty handed, he related the adventure to Mrs. Carson, who responded, saying, “You shouldn’t have put all your eggs in one bass, Kit.”

2. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

That was really bad!.... I liked it! :clap

3. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Dropped the mic on that one lol :l

4. nicapopolis

nicapopolis Senior Refuge Member

Didn't know anything about Kit Carson. Now I have reading to do. I drive though the town of Kit Carson in eastern CO lots this time of year.