OT My wifes Willys Jeep Value

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by salthunter, Apr 22, 2015.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

My father-in-law gave my wife a 48 Willys Jeep. Since my wife was the only sibling that drove the jeep the past 45 years. It was her deer hunting vehicle otherwise it wasn't used much
    The jeep has been stored inside the whole time they owned the jeep, since 1961
    I had done a bunch of general maintenance 25 years ago and had done all the upkeep. But it just isnt fun for me to drive and my wife doesn't drive it
    I had shoulder surgery 6"1' 260 with a hip replacement
    We have the vinyl cover (1970's), original motor and drive train. Every thing seems to be in really great shape considering the age. It is still 6 volt, has a few oil drips here and there . It started right up after sitting 6 months.
    It probably has 10 layers of paint:nutz ond the body is solid
    Any ieda what something like this could be worth:z

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Scrap. I'll be by tomorrow to haul it off for you...:nutz

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I like to call them 'cult vehicles'. If you find the right buyer, you will get top dollar, which would be a lot more than the average person would pay.

I sold my Suzuki Samurai last year. 1987, with 175K miles. Fully restored, upgraded everything, nice paint. No doubt in my mind I would have gotten 6500-7000 in a larger area, and had I been patient. I ended up taking 5000.

They don't go fast, they don't have air, they don't have a lot of room, and they aren't comfortable. However, they are very cool. So, you just have to find the right buyer. Might take a while.

5. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Try this website: http://www.ewillys.com/
    He has posting from all over the country with different Willys models listed for sale. You can break it down by CJ, Military etc. You should be able to find something similiar and come up with some values. Old military willys generally have more value than the civilian models.

This is the one I drive around all summer

[​IMG]

6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

It is worth what ever somebody is willing to pay you for it...

As 1duckmaster posted out - look thru his site to get a "ball park" of it's possible value... Then price it based on what you compare it to - then put it up for sale.

And remember - everything is negotiable.

Good luck! :tu