OT - Vehicle Registration

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by letmwurk, Feb 9, 2019.

1. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

Anyone receive their registration renewal for their truck recently? Christ Almighty. A five year old truck costs $615 just to register thanks to SB1 and the voters who voted against prop 6.

Wife has a newer SUV. I'm guessing that will run close to $700 according to my interpretation of the legislation. So approximately $1,300 for two vehicles annually. If one factors in federal and state income taxes, a CA family has to earn roughly $2,000 just to pay the registration on their vehicles. The median household income in CA is $69,759 as of 2017 (per the federal reserve) so the median income family in CA is paying approximately 3% of their annual income just to pay the registration fees on a five year old truck and a one year old SUV?

Just for context, a good friend of mine lives in Boise, ID and just bought the same exact truck as mine new and paid $45 to register it for the first year.

I guess I just don't get how the average family makes it in this state. Sorry for the rant but this stuff isn't right and it burns me up.

2. cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy Senior Refuge Member

They don't and that's what the liberals want. Everyone that can leave California is right now. If I could talk the family into sell the farm and move I would. Not sure if we can completely run away from the problem. Look at the liberal nut job senator from NJ. She looks like Mr. Ed and dumber than wiber. She wants to take everything away and give it all away to the lazy asses.

Brottboss and Mean Gene like this.
  3. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

What really gets me about this cost, is that the politicians will throw out the we need to fix our roads. Fix our infrastructure. Implemet the cost, look around in a year or two. Nothing changes. Isn't the first, nor last time that song will play.

4. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Idaho and Montana sucks- no one from California should move that way!

5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

:dv:dv:dv

Yes, our vehicle registration is dirt cheap and a trip to the DMV for registration is a quick and pleasant experience. Idaho is one of the few states (maybe the only one?) that uses county employees versus state employees in your nearby DMV. Certainly more of a local, neighborly feel.

Brady_Botkin, hunt'ngreen and Ryan like this.
  6. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

Don't move to Nevada either.
    We are turning into California east now.

7. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Nevada, Oregon,and Colorado are already done:dv:tuYou can thank us later:tu

Mean Gene likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Elite Refuge Member

Totally agree. Also just love the 'weight fee' added to my 17 year old F250
    Our roads are a crumbling joke

Just got back from a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas and their highways are beautiful. Paid $1.83 for fuel.

letmwurk likes this.
  9. Double Reed

Double Reed Senior Refuge Member

No kidding even for us 1A still and the DMV vehicle only office is in the same strip mall as Cabelas.

10. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

2003 Duramax around 350 just stupid