Out of stater....

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by negooseman, Aug 7, 2016.

1. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

No undercover fed here. Was just looking to see if any guys(not guides) that hunt timber had a couple of spots for a father/son to come hunt something different (hunting in timber part) that we don't have here.

2. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

I was KIDDING. There are men that live here that don't get to hunt prime timber spots! Trust me and others here that know your chances of getting a invite to a fine place is like Hillary not lying! Good luck, get a guide and take your chances.

bill cooksey likes this.
  3. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Some of our federal wardens here will dress up like duck hunters, set a spread near your setup, and then just happen to wander over while "looking" for a downed bird. Or, they'll try to get an invite from a group in the public parking area and see if they can get some violations.

4. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

WE need to do that again!

5. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Love to. Been too long since I was down there, and it's definitely been too long since I've run into you.

6. bill cooksey

That's just scratching the surface. Helicopters landing in decoy spreads, wardens in wetsuits hiding under blinds until violations are clear, video cameras and parabolic mics, duck camp raids and myriad others have been common and well documented. Of course, you're easy pickings in the woods if the man really wants you. Pretty easy to slip in, hang out behind a tree and step out once he has the goods. You can just about gauge the main migration by the number of feds hanging around.

7. CookMan

I have had my camp raided and the freezer checked out.. Seen the chopper in action. But is that really the truth on the wet suits and the mics? Lord this sounds like a DEA raid on a drug lab.

8. bill cooksey

I've seen the parabolic mic in action. Record the whole hunt and conversation. Backs up what the warden see in the glasses. Great for rice fields. Guys sitting in thick edges are subject to them just setting up close with a camera before hunters get there. The wetsuit (may have been a dry-suit) is true. I know of at least one good bust in LA several years ago using the method. With all the technology available now, I doubt it's been done in years. If the feds want you and you are doing anything wrong, they're going to get you.

9. CookMan

I agree 100%. Had a friend who is retired DEA. He said that if that can make a case they got all the time and all money to make it happen, and they will win! Oh we have been told we have been under surveillance more than once! it is easy in a 1000 aches of rice with heavy woods all around.

10. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

We will do it this year!