Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Outdoorsman radio show WCBM680

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by carolina girl, Feb 11, 2012.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Steve,
    You may have heard an explanation for the Turkey Stamp and it made good sense to you, but no one else here as heard it.....and its almost as if Paul (representing Wildlife and Heritage) is on here just to gather as much information from stupid people like me, that are willing to just expose our hand to him so he can better gauge how to combat when it comes time defend it in front of the legislature....he hasnt put anything forward. Nothing.

It has been asked many of times and ingnored.

being opposed to this fee increase, its probably in my best interest to disengage from this conversation.

Respectfully

2. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

3. drewsmith

drewsmith Elite Refuge Member

The 1991 chart is nice, but the tag line of "no increase in 22 years" has been debunked. See 20 pages ago for the NR increase in 2005.

4. sapidusandsuds

sapidusandsuds Senior Refuge Member

So I'm going to ignore the personal nonsense in this message and focus on the facts. Your 'five dollars cheaper' math is incorrect because you used this year's Delaware license fee vs. MD's next year. You have to compare both license fees equally since they use reciprocity in Delaware. So the basic license is $160 in both states BUT you are a shotgun hunter and Delaware doesn't give you a buck tag with your basic license . . . so that's an additional $25. In MD you don't need a deer stamp if you're only gun hunting. So I'll go back to my original statement -- we're still cheaper.

I won't address the rest of this because I really thought we had come a long way from the old days Scotty . . . sorry to see that crap return to this forum.

That's a plain as I can say it.

5. drewsmith

It is the correct comparison since The DE license for non-resident Marylander's would not increase if Maryland didn't raise the price first. By this logic you could raise the cost by $200 and say, see DE would raise it by the same $200 due to reciprocity and MD would still be cheaper.

The NR License in DE is $130.00 and there are no public plans to raise it. Before 2005 it was $86.50. The last time it changed was the year after MD increased the NR License to $130.00

6. sapidusandsuds

So Dave this is interesting because you made the point we've been trying to make all along --- you do have a big general fund appropriation in MDA . . . and that's the heart of the problem with being an agency like ours and not receiving general fund fat. We don't get regular increases in funding when business expenses go up and revenues go down.

Finally, there are plenty of people who dislike MDA, but I'd have little tolerance if any of our staff posted to an internet forum and publicly dumped on the good people who work at MDA -- seems a little like dirty pool to me; and not something I'd expect from my prior experiences with you.

7. sapidusandsuds

First, regarding the 'math' - the license fee element in the equation is null because they are always equal. Therefore the only difference between DE and MD is the additional $25 in DE to take a single buck. Therefore DE is more expensive in the scenario Scotty used.

And it's their choice to keep the reciprocity component in their law, not ours (and note most states have abandoned reciprocity for just this reason).

8. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

CC,

I wasn't surprised reading the post but coming from you was a surprise. :scratch So it seems the only member of this Forum attended the Stakeholder meeting so maybe my error quoted myself but Paul used the word Not at Liberty go into further details .......... The 30 odd Reps from numerous Sportsmen Orgs accepted Paul's explanation and no reason to doubt him contrary to your own personal experience of protocols within your Agency.

I've run across this scenario in the past of Departmental Bills as well as other Sponsored Bills being drafted by Legislative Services. Their are protocols that are followed by Legislative Services, Sponsors and Departmental Bills not be publicly divulge until they are entered with a Bill # and scheduled for first reader on the floor. I don't doubt this is not the reason but if its not whatever the reason Paul told us what he could ...............sorry we didn't react to satisfy your comments.

This debate is so emotionally charged the shots across the bow like I did seeking more respect addressing WH and now I'm a target for not calling Paul on the carpet for the what information he was permitted to divulge to Stakeholders.

Reactionary posts are not going to solve this debate :no I never ever thought I have to explain that to you. :confused:

9. sapidusandsuds

Chop, try this -- your chief executive in whatever agency you work in says "Until this is final it's not public information and remains embargoed". You get to say "Too bad boss, I'm going to announce the details anyway."?

I'm more than ten yrs in this role and have taken my fair share of risks, including going on public internet forums and the attendant risks therein and announcing the 'round numbers' at the stakeholder meeting, but I respect my chain of command and the occasional hard-line rules of being a public servant.

10. drewsmith

I think that most people reading this will understand the point.

Of course, MD could also choose to keep the NR License fee the same and the DE rate would not change. After all it was increased 50% six years ago. For reference the Consumer Price Index increased by 15%.