Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Outfitting and Guiding Public Hearing Reminder

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by brycec, Dec 4, 2012.

1. avid_outdoorsman

avid_outdoorsman Senior Refuge Member

Bryce,

Check the ad again. The landowner is wanting $150 per gun. Still cheaper than the $200-$250 a guide will want to charge.

~ AO

2. ML Racing Mules

ML Racing Mules Refuge Member

Work on the issue at hand and not me having a house in Id.

Don't take this wrong, somethingsto think about

To Win
    1.Allow the Non-residents signatures be placed into the record of the
    meeting. It will help your cause when the non-residents

2.Each Meeting should have one spokesman to present their side of the issue to the board, F&G, state etc. Have the presentation agreed on by your board and stick to the issue at hand.

Dress Code Have the presenter in slacks and Spot coat. Show them that you represent a group that is to be recognized by the board.

3. Only have one person address the board. He can state that there are others in the meeting that supports the issue by a raising of hands.

4. Save the whispering among your self?s till either a break in the meeting or it is finished. It distracts others including the board who are concentrating on what the speaker is saying.

5. Have the presenters presentation in typed form and any other Documents IWA has to be presented to the board into the meetings notes. Note who from the board accepts them for future meetings if needed.

6. If the State Reps are on board with this issue as Pond has stated. Get this presentation and other documents to them now. They are currently working on what issues for themselves to get behind. (I know this as I had conversation with several of them.) Even with this, it may not be worked this session due to other items such as health care.

If it doesn?t make this year session, take the months following to stay in touch with them. Make sure they see a united front from you and your members by presenting the same information to them.

If members send emails to them send them as personal emails. They can state they are IWA members and this is their personal correspondence.

You have to designate only a few key people in your IWA that can speak to the state reps.

Bottom line- show the Board and State rep?s you are united and professional by your message and dress. Don?t dress down for the board.

Good Luck with your cause

3. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Mr. Mule, just go back to california :pra, o ya your afraid to admit your from there so go back to where ever it is your from and let Idaho deal with our issue at hand without your comments.. Apparently it didnt work in California did it:scratch

4. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Thanks! AO... didn't read the ad that close I guess. They are nuts at that price.

5. mallard14

mallard14 Senior Refuge Member

You guys are ridiculous. All you want to do is fight and argue. I can only imagine how these meetings are. You guys with your hot heads and know it all attitudes against the IOGLB with the same attitude. You guys are not going to get anywhere with how you are.

ML is providing valid information and suggestions and all you guys care about is that he is from California. WOW! No matter how valid ML's ideas are most of you turn it into a "go back to California" post. Get over it and as ML says stick to the point of the thread.

ML is right when he says that the out of staters who are opposed are a very good thing for you to have. Most of the people who will pay these guides are out of staters so having signatures of those opposed will help.

Oh and I am from Idaho and do not have a house outside of Idaho. Oh and I only spend 10-15 days a year outside of Idaho. So my points should be accepted with open arms.

6. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Obviously u haven't read all of his posts that are FOR the guiding issue. Must be a "buddy" of his to post up such ignorent info.

7. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Actually he is to ashamed to admit he is from CA from previous posts........

8. ML Racing Mules

ML Racing Mules Refuge Member

Thanks for the voice of reason. Somebody who has the pulse of the issue at hand.

I stated I would consider to be a guide if goes that way.

I was hoping the IWA members would see how someone is willing help them. I thought they would see how their actons in the meetings was not helping their cause. I can go either way on the issue.

I have went back as I could going over the issue and attitudes of the people responding to the issue. I have a good sense of the issue. I want to know the issue before I voice my thoughts and offer support.

IWA needs to realize that the out of stater hunters and fisherman pay for allowing their privileges to hunt and fish at a low rate. IWA needs to stop addressing them in their meetings. If we all go away they will be paying a lot more and complainig.

Thanks Mallard

See you on the flip side

9. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Apparently you have not or did not attend the meetings. No one got out of hand from what I know, and having attended the IF meeting, no one was out of controll there at all. And by far the majority of public/sportsmen that have spoken were not IWA members so quit blaming the IWA. All the IWA has been doing is keeping sportsment and women current on the issues, we are not the lead group at all. Also Mallard, neither you nor ML know what not only the IWA has or has not done nor what other groups and organizations have done to date on this issue. There has been a great amount of cooperation and coordination on this issue across the State.

We have had out of staters sign petitions and we have thanked them for it.

I guess my question to you Mallard is this: Have you been to one of the public input meetings? Have you submitted your comments to the OGLB? or the legislators? or the Governor? If so can you post them up or direct me to them so i can see just how you have or have not supported this issue?

A lot of people on here are making a lot of assumptions on what or has not been done. And so much of it is lacking foundation. Multiple groups and individuals have been working both up front and behind the scenes on this issue for many many years, and the bottom line point at this time is that the OGLB is not and have not listened to any of the sportsmen's input or comments, but, we dont give up. We keep going forward and keep making contacts and informing sportsmen and other key contacts through various different means an methods.

I for one always accept with open arms anyone who will help us with common sense ways to help fight this issue, but, when some one does not even have the guts to admit in one of the meetings that he is from out of state when asked, and does not have the guts in that meeting to voice his real concerns and issues, it does not give much credence to what he is preaching. I highly doubt that ML went to the Burly meeting in a suit and tie as he tries to get us to do, and and I dont believe, from those that were there, that he had a list of issues and concerns that he read from in the meeting and then handed the OGLB those comments to be entered in the record.

If someone is going to preach to others on what and how they should do something, they need to stand up too and act the same way.

ML lost any credibility with I would not hesitate to say, probably all but you Mallard when he said he was at the Burley meeting and could not stand up and admit he was an Out of Stater attending the meeting and he wanted to testify one way or the other or be neutral but had valid information to tesitify on. Instead, he didnt want to be a target in the meeting because he is from California. There are many Idaho Sportsmen that are originally from CA and arent afraid to admit it and I dont believe anyone in the Burley meeting would have made him a "Target" just because he attended the meeting. From personal accounts and information I have received, no one has targeted anyone in any one of the meetings.

So with that said, I appreciate you Mallard standing up for ML, but, as I said, he lost any credibility with many many sportsmen when he admitted he didnt have the guts to really admit where he was from and try to tell us what to do when he has no idea what any one person or group is or has done over the past 10 plus years on this issue.

Rick Martin

10. 4tule

4tule Senior Refuge Member

:tu:tu:tu:tu