Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Outfitting and Guiding Public Hearing Reminder

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by brycec, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mallard14

mallard14 Senior Refuge Member

First off, I'm not saying anything about IWA. My point is the people who are on this site...whether you are IWA or not.

ML is not preaching anything. He is actually offer good advice to all of us.

Second, there you go again turning it into where this dude is from. I don't care where he is from it doesn't and shouldn't matter. It appears to me that ML is willing to help oppose guiding but is being pushed away by you guys on here (again not IWA, those of you posting on this site).

Look at this thread. Its suppose to be about stopping guiding and all it is now is a bickering match on where ML is from and how I'm must be his friend. I don't know this guy at all.

If I where on the fence about this issue and read this post, I would not bother getting involved to oppose it after looking at all the fighting and bickering going on.

Go ahead and keep bashing me and ML and anyone else who is not in your "good ole boys" club and doesn't tell you that all your ideas are great keep doing what your doing even if its not working.

I realize IWA has done a bunch to oppose this and I'm not bashing them at all. I'm just saying that you can't even keep this thread on what it is about. Heaven forbid someone from California offer suggestions.

FYI, I did send an email to IOGLB opposing removing the moratorium. I don't need to post my email to get your approval and i don't care if you don't believe me or not.

ML if you ever want to go hunting send me a PM and maybe we can get out sometime. Oh and if you need help after you become a guide let me know maybe I can help you out with some scouting or infromation.

2. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

This is all about trust. And folks who attend meetings and say they are a resident when they are not does not give one a warm fuzzy. Does ML makes some decent points? Yes, he does.

Unfortunately its what we at work call the garbage factor. Too much garbage and the good nuggets get overlooked. But now that things are all in the open why would we want to listen to ML?

An OOS who has now confessed that he would consider guiding in Idaho if the permits get opened up. Yep, he gets my vote. :l:l

3. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

I am working on my letter to OGLB et al. It took me a while to locate, but here is their specification for written public comment, from http://oglb.idaho.gov/pdf/statutes_and_rules/Notice of Intent of Negotiated R_10_30_2012.PDF :

4. ML Racing Mules

ML Racing Mules Refuge Member

Well I thought I would wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

5. ML Racing Mules

Now that you all have settled down I will let you know something. I do have 2 houses . I have been an Idaho resident since December 1st .

I live outside Orofino.

So I didn?t mis-speak in the meeting.

Fishing will be great up here this spring. Turkey hunting will also be great.

Thanks Paul for posting the rules to reponding on the issue. I had found it already. Those people who want to respond to the issue can follow the guidelines.

Thanks again Mallard.

6. ML Racing Mules

Hey GP I haven't seen anything new on the Guiding Issue. What is the latest on the Issue?

Did you quit posting here and go to Another Site?

7. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

The first round of public hearings have wrapped up.

The IOGLB will meet in late January or early February to come up with am option C. Discuss again at April board meeting. More hearings in summer. August should be a final rule for legislature.

Comments still welcome until 4/26 at licensing@oglb.state.id.us

Lots of information here from the comments and meetings: (as of today this is missing the Boise and Nampa meetings and was last updated on 12/14.)http://oglb.idaho.gov/rules/promulgations.html

8. ML Racing Mules

I have put my comments in.

Hey Salt don't hide behind PM's. If can't post in the forum for everybody to see otherwise. Don't waste my time on PM's:scratch

9. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Nice to see nothng changes around here:l Why are you guys wasting your time with this guy? He is obviously from California- he knows everything, we are hicks, and his way is the only way. :rolleyes:

10. ML Racing Mules

Any news Pond on the outfitting issue? Hadn't seen anything on here lately.

Post up on the current status.

Thanks