Over and under ?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Wareaglebrowning, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Wareaglebrowning

Wareaglebrowning Refuge Member

headed over to Tulsa Ok in April to the gun show , going to try and find a Used Browning Citori , what price point can l expect to pay for one that's in great shape, and what r some things I need to watch out for ? Any help would be much appreciated!!

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Great guns, I have a superposed, but I only use it for upland birds with lead shot. Different grades are available, and you certainly have a wide choice of stock types, lengths, chokes, chamber length (older ones may only be 2.75") etc. Look for one with a nice tight action. Check the bore and chamber for pitting and rust. First place to start looking is on Browning website, where they list all current and discontinued models. You can get a rough idea of what style you may fancy here. http://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/citori/discontinued.html
    Next, try to find the gun on the gun auction sites, and look through current and historical pricing for the gun with the features that you are looking for. This will give you an idea of what the gun is worth when you go to the gun show. Good luck and have fun .

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Bang is spot on, especially on the auction sites. Remember tho, listed price isn't the same as selling price.
    Also, if you have any clays courses in the area, visit them. If the club is fairly big, they might have one listed. Our club is small, but we usually have one or two for sale. You can also ask around what guys paid.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Browning has made a TON of different Citori's, and in various grades, over the years. They ran from very affordable to pretty darn expensive.
    That said, if you took $3000 with you, you'd have a large number of good guns to choose from. Cut that amount in half and you'll still find some decent guns....they just won't have nice wood, extensive engraving, gold inlay, trendy 32" barrels, etc.

Other than normal things you'd look for in any gun, the first thing to look for in an O/U is that the release lever is to the right of center when the gun is closed. The further to the right, the better.

5. BD7000

BD7000 Senior Refuge Member

I have a Browning XS skeet 30 in Barrels with briley tubes and case for sale. $3500

6. Wareaglebrowning

Wareaglebrowning Refuge Member

Thanks for response, I'm looking for 28" barrel , just plain Citori

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

8. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Too far to the right and the gun won't close. I would want the lever pretty close to center. That is where it is on new guns.

9. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

Actually, you want the lever right of center. As the locking block wears, it will move to the center until it starts popping open during firing. Then it's time for a new locking block.

I've had several guns rebuilt because of this.

ronaldo likes this.
  10. Native NV Ducker

No, it isn't.

ronaldo and JP like this.