Pasco/Hillsborough

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Pirate91, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Pirate91

Pirate91 Elite Refuge Member

I'm seeking some general info on duckin' in this area. I may be living there in the next year or so, girlfriend in Tampa. Not asking for GPS coordinates, just info, possibly on the Green Swamp Mgmt areas in Pasco, any info on the bay as well. I checked "forecasts" on the FWC website, if it says migratory bird hunting-none in the forecast, does that mean no ducking allowed. Thanks in advance for the assist.

2. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

There is hunting in Tampa bay area....Divers... it is a closely guarded secret.... You will have to find out which counties allow it and which don't.... You will also need some specialized gear...layout boat.... I'm sure that you can scout out some decent gunning...... Can't say anymore...The "king of the sea Coots" will put out a contract hit on me.... :D

3. matthersjr

matthersjr Senior Refuge Member

Try the east side of the bay. Hunting in pinellas county is not allowed. You should find plenty of bluebills and shovlers in the bay. Watch the low tides.

4. Pirate91

Thanks for the advice. Any puddlers slightly inland, in th Land O' Lakes area, just general info guys, no need to supply GPS coordiantes here. You can PM those......:D

5. Pirate91

ttt

6. matthersjr

Never been around that area, private property and too many homes. Use the bay(pack a rod/reel) if you don't have time to scout.

7. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

Come on matthers don't hold out on him. Give up some of your fresh water spots. How about one of your wood duck holes. Or maybe a ringer hole.

8. matthersjr

Gus E,

If any of them were holding ducks, I'd share. I'd only ask the same in return if I needed assistance. I've spent more time scouting than actual hunting this year, which is quite surprising given my busy work schedule (supporting production applications) and having the wife upset with me for being gone longer than normal. The marshes I've scouted sure are pretty; just few ducks if any. There are just not enough to recommend to anyone; wouldn't want to tell someone a place to go only to bag one duck if they are lucky. If you want to see some pretty marshes check out the Talsa Apopka chain. I took a few pictures of one area:

floridawaterfowlers.com

All of the above is just part of the core incredients to waterfowl hunting. Man, I love this hobby. :)

William

9. Pirate91

Thanks for the pics, mighty ducky looking spots. Keep the info coming.

10. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

I looked at those pictures they are nice. I didn't notice any salt water pictures. All had pads or grass. They all looked to be fresh water.

Just north of Pasco County thier are a lot of lakes. I just find it strange you push the bay so much but don't seem to hunt it. From the pictures you seem to hunt fresh water lakes. You can pack a pole, hunt and then take a chance at some bass, right?

Too bad you don't tell these people you send to the bay that a half mile stretch is all that is open to hunting on the bay and it is totaly over run. But then they may show up at your spot. Wich I would love to post, so you too can experience the ruin of an area. You know like ----, and ----------. Don't worry I wont put them up over the WWW out of consideration for the other hunters in the area. Something you show little of. Throwing up a chain of lake is pretty sad. No one wants you honey hole, just the lakes you hunt. Not a chain of 15 or 20.

Have you ever heard of PMing? Or like I said do you just like to flood other areas other than your's.