Pasco/Hillsborough

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Pirate91, Jan 10, 2003.

1. MALLARD222

MALLARD222 Senior Refuge Member

Gus E,

I sent you a pm to let you know there is more than 1/2 mile of hunting area in the bay. I have hunted there a few times this year and a lot in the late 70's and 80's. One of my old blinds can still be seen from the Howard Franklin if you know where to look. It has changed a lot and you have to know where to go to stay out of the non-hunt areas.

MALLARD222

2. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

Still can be seen from the Howard Franklin. Ok! Can you still legally shoot from it? When I was a kid I hunted dove from where the Raymond James office complex is and also Feather Sound area. Go over there and shoot now. See how fast you wind up in the crowbar hotel. Its nice of all you guys to come to Mr Mathers defense but wrong is wrong and yes it is that simple. He doesn't hunt there any more so he feels free to use the thread to post information rather than the PM system. Very inconsiderate, and yes it is that simple.

3. MALLARD222

MALLARD222 Senior Refuge Member

Gus E,

I am not coming to anyone's defence. I was just stating that there is more than 1/2 mile of hunting area and every time I have hunted this year, there were not very many hunters out. I drive my boat 3.5 miles just to get to my spot. I could hunt anywhere in the space.

I know that you cannot hunt the area's I hunted years ago. In the future we will not be able to hunt the areas we hunt know. It will ALWAYS be that way untill there is no hunting in the bay. To many people and to many ******* on the water.

Life goes on.

MALLARD222

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Refuge Member

I am yet to accept it but I have come to one conclusion. Ultimately, everything in Florida will be ruined. Too many people, too much money to be made by development.
    If you tell someone, then they will feel obligated to bring friends. It is just the way it is.
    There are definitley some nice photogenic "ducky" areas near tampa, that I have scouted that are sterile. I.E. no ducks.
    Until I give up and head for western Nebraska, I will always be looking for areas without people. Or jsut enough to keep the ducks moving. Never been a fan of duck hunting in dove field like settings.

5. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

You right about too many people and things will sooner or later get ruined. My thought on that is; why speed it up?

6. Bullet

Bullet Refuge Member

Chester is burning mad about this post. That little piece of E Tampa Bay was all he and Gus had left in life.
    Gus doesn't even want it known that there are ducks in FlORIDA. Its his secret spot!

7. Pirate91

Pirate91 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for all the intelligent replies I received. Not sure when I'll be changing locales to Florida, but I hope the states not full of folks like......well I think we all know who I'm talking about.....:D

8. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

Thier are alot of people like me down here. Remember, unless your invited do yourself and us a favor and have your girlfriend move up to where you live.

9. Double Beard

Double Beard Refuge Member

You just wont let it die will you Gus. Pirate91, consider this your invitation. C'mon down.

10. Pirate91

Pirate91 Elite Refuge Member

I think I'll move down sooner now......just to p@#sssssss Gus off.