Pass a loutre shooting hour.

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by mr.ozone, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mr.ozone

mr.ozone Refuge Member

I heard from reliable sources that the wildlife and
    fisheriesis is considering that shooting hours for Pass a Loutre WMA will be ending at @
    2:00 PM and also including PAC and atchafalaya delta.I am for it.What are your thoughts.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I'm thinking the ducks will pile in at 2:10 instead of 10 minutes after sunset.

Ban mud motors if you really wanna make a difference.

3. mr.ozone

mr.ozone Refuge Member

I think if 2 pm cutoff for mud motors is good ,then 2 pm cut off for duck hunting would be great.Hey duckslayer did you ever come down river in walk around cutty boat.Just asking because a couple of times i had a boat with Al #'s come to the same pond i was hunting.I know you bama boys are use to hunting a lot tighter than i am.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Negative.. I haven't been down there since 2010 I think. Quit going when it got really crowded.

5. Engstfeld

Engstfeld Elite Refuge Member

Not seeing it on the ADWMA website.

6. jhallmark5841

jhallmark5841 Refuge Member

Crowded? Dude that place is enormous it would take 1000 hunters for it to be crowded. I get it, back in the "good ol days" there was no one out there and the sky was black with ducks..
    I was down there last year for opening weekend and literally saw 0 hunters until we got back to camp and there was only 1 other group at our campsite and they hunted the refuge. There was a pretty good amount of birds too. We had to do a TON of riding to find them but once we did it really paid off. I will say though, that it definitely is the most intimidating place Ive ever hunted. You better know how to handle rough water, have a really good sense of direction, and be overly prepared because when things get hairy, and they will, you arent going to have anyone to come help you.

7. mr.ozone

mr.ozone Refuge Member

I think the duckslayer is pulling our legs,if he gets his panties twisted up over surface drives like that.