Pattern master?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by thunderfromdownunder, Dec 22, 2017.

1. thunderfromdownunder

thunderfromdownunder Senior Refuge Member

i be been shooting the same choke for 10 years maybe more. Today had 2 birds I did not shoot at drop , each different times. Not far shots at all. Then crush the intended birds. Same loads forever. Can u wear one out ?

2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Can you wear a choke out?
    The answer is no.

Your unintended kills were the result of a mispointed gun, not the choke changing.
    I have put thousands of round through a choke tube in my target guns, and know of others who have put tens of thousands of rounds through a choke tube. But, I've never known one to wear out.

3. thunderfromdownunder

Thank u !! Cold as hell and bundled up.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Which typically means you didn't get a good mount, mounted the stock too low, and thus shot over. Sight picture looked good, but gun was canted. One of the reasons I shoot guns that are too short for me for waterfowl.

5. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 Refuge Member

Well at least you are seeing some birds to shoot at, that part is good.
    I think NV Decker is correct however don't know for sure because have not worn any out yet, although I keep trying. Have shot one choke for about 45 years doing PSI checks, pattern work, all load development stuff. Not worn so much as a .0001 yet, still working on it though.

AIRBORNE

6. longtooth

longtooth Refuge Member

I thought the same thing once,I just mic'd the choke and found out I had plastic build up.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Well, that's not wear, that's just a dirty gun.

8. thunderfromdownunder

I asked if u can!! didn’t say anything about a dirty gun. A simple question gets a simple answer. And u brag about shooting O/U have u ever shot a true triple?

9. Native NV Ducker

Brag? How is my commenting on what I shoot a 'brag'.
    Sure. Not that tough. I grew up shooting pumps, and only went to the O/U about 15 years ago. (That would be 35 years shooting a pump)

10. thunderfromdownunder

I will leave it like this then. Why do u shoot O/U is it a challenge?