Patternmaster anaconda vs code black

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by TheDogger, Dec 30, 2017.

1. TheDogger

TheDogger New Member

I researched as best I could...but couldn't find much comparison between the two choke tubes. So my question is which would you prefer for shooting long range or extra long range with a typical shell like Kent or Winchester Xpert? I understand the code black is designed specifically for black cloud shells but they claim it works great with regular shells as well. So if money is no object between the two which would you rather go with?

2. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

My patterning results with the Anaconda were not very good. Your results could vary. Depending on you choke type I still have it and would be willing to sell it for a reasonable price.

3. TheDogger

TheDogger New Member

What gun you use with it?

4. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

Gauge, shot size, and weight of said shot, will have a bearing on your results. The "extra" in extra long range, is just sales pitch. The only shot gun that's a "long range" shooter is a 10 gauge with BBB or perhaps T.

5. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

I have tried it in a Beretta A300 and a Nova. It is the mobil choke thread pattern. Again, your results may vary.

6. longtooth

longtooth New Member

Don't you mean anaconda?

7. Fish Duck

Fish Duck Senior Refuge Member

Thedogger,
    Patternmaster code black tube is not ment black cloud shells, the black cloud tube is.
    I've been using the anaconda tube with good results for sporting clays. For waterfowl I wouldn't use anything but the patternmaster classic. It kills ducks better then anything I have ever used.

Fishduck