PD/GT/GD/SG-Westfest

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by burnt barley, May 16, 2006.

1. burnt barley

burnt barley Elite Refuge Member

anyone with a non MB mm coming to the mudfest in the basin on Memorial weekend?Lots of people asking about demos:tu

2. Powder

Powder Elite Refuge Member

I guess the competition is either scared, or they just don't care about West Coast business.:cool:

3. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

Scared of what?

4. Powder

That's the question I'm trying to figure out...there's no dealers out here, a huge market, and a lot of guys with cash burning a holes in their pockets.

I, personally, just want to run some other brands. Maybe I'll just have to ask Mud Doctor to bring some of his "competition" motors for us to run.

5. Duckman Dan

You would have to call them, they dont post on here that I know of

6. Powder

Nope...just lurk.:yes

7. Duckman Dan

my guess is none of the four shorttail mm mfg's are scared of the other three

8. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

Guys - Powder and BB bring up a very good point. I just went through the process of buying my first boat and mm. In that process I wanted to test out as many different boats and motors as possible. Testing a MB was easy as there are several dealers and customers out here to get hooked up with.

Trying to get a demo of another brand was impossible. There are no dealers out here for any of the other brands AT ALL! I ended up having to test out other brands through rigs that were for sale which were few and far between. Some of those were not the size or model that I wanted to test. Not to mention that I had to drive hundreds of miles to test them.

I think it would behoove all manufacturers to at least bring out one rig for test drives as there will be a lot of guys looking to buy up there. I don't understand the business rationale of not having any reps on the west coast. Last I checked there were a few people who resided out here...

9. Rail

Rail Elite Refuge Member

Probably on the grassy knoll too.. :z :l

10. Rail

Rail Elite Refuge Member

You guys make it sound like GD, GT and PD don't WANT to sell motors out there.. Any one of you boys can pony up the money for 3-5 motors, establish a territory and commence to selling to all of the folks that have cash burning holes in their pockets.. There was one PD dealer out there but he had dual citizenship and decided to go with the other brand.. I believe Corbin Wadlow (1CAWaterfowler) is still a pro-staffer for PD and should be able to help you out although I haven't seen him post in a long time now.. Maybe he's not now.. Do some research..

As for the makers loading up and hauling boats and motors 2000 miles when gas is $3, I doubt I would.. I would base that decision on the amount of interest I've received out there via phone calls..