Pentecostal "Altar Call".....

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by wingmastr23, Sep 23, 2009.

1. stubble hunter

stubble hunter Senior Refuge Member

the words of our Lord "today you will be with me in paradise" are crystal clear, the theif had his sins washed away and he is now in heaven, he wasn't physically baptized nor did he speak in tongues, thus, they are not prerequisites for salvation. pretty simple.

2. stubble hunter

no, it's not part of it, there are plenty biblical accounts of christains that have never spoke in tonuges yet are called christains.

3. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Timeline the bible and the events that happen in it.

4. stubble hunter

I have no idea what this means. I (as well as others) provide clear scriptural passages to state our positions, you on the otherhand make quite outlandish statements with absolutely no biblical support, then when we ask for it you give responses as listed above. So, I am learning that discussions with you are essentially pointless, sorry, but when I receive responses, like the above to numerous inquiries asking for biblical support for a statement, I can't draw any other conclusions.

5. skiebuster

well, since you need scripture, when did the thief die and when did Jesus give the keys to the Kingdom.

When was the message preached after the infilling of the HolyGhost with tongues spoken as given utterance by Jesus ?

Please forgive me for a question that I replied to you earlier.

To many people want to look at the thief for a excuse on our salvation today and it has nothing to do with with here and now.

6. stubble hunter

On what basis does it have nothing to do with our salvation? If he was under the old covenant, he would have had to offer a sacrifice for his sin, under the new he had to confess with his mouth and believe with his heart that Jesus Christ was the Messiah (Romans 10:9) and had the ability to forgive him of his sins.

Now please show me the scriptural proof for your position?

7. stubble hunter

Don't you think that the two people Christ was crucified is kinda important? Both knew that He was innocent and was dying unjustly, one saw all of this and his response was to mock him (denial of who Christ was) the second saw who Christ was, understood that He had been accused and found guilty falsely, and repented. I'd say that the Lord put those two next to Christ as a reminder that there are those who do and don't confess who Christ is.

8. wckrisher

wckrisher Senior Refuge Member

The Bible says that light and darkness could not coexist. But you say they can?

9. wckrisher

wckrisher Senior Refuge Member

So when did the new testament go into force? Before or after the death,burial, and resurrection? When did Jesus ascend to heaven? Did He go the same day He died? Why did He tell people not to touch Him because he hadn't gone and poured His blood on the mercy seat after he was Resurrected. Is there a difference between paradise and heaven?

10. skiebuster

I say that the Jesus tells us through his word that we must be born of water and of Spirit, or in no way be with him in the kingdom of Heaven.

You want to find a loophole on salvation and when this is so easy for a person to do.

Why ?

Jesus tells us to do it & you look for loopholes to try and get around baptism of water and the infilling of the HG. Go for it !