Pentecostal "Altar Call".....

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by wingmastr23, Sep 23, 2009.

1. stubble hunter

stubble hunter Senior Refuge Member

same arguement, same type of thread, the ping pong match continues, whenever someone asks you for scriptural proof you revert the same arguement, see above. but you are unable to defend your position, AND WE FALL for it, shame on us...

still waiting for the response to my question...

no loopholes, born of water, physical, this excludes angels, both holy and evil, because they haven never been born. they are. spiritual, infilling of the holy spirit, just as the theif on the cross was.

game, set and match.

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Here's game set match for u stubble....

St John 7:39 But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given: because that Jesus was not yet glorified.

So there it is, go ahead and believe what you will.

I ask you this. Prove it out by scripture when Jesus was "glorified".

3. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

Exactly.

One day he says you can't be saved or some aren't until God has decided they are truly repentant. Then he says you can be saved without your sins being remitted. Which one would have to concluded you aren't truly repentant if you haven't asked for your sins to be forgiven.:scratch If anyone is looking for loopholes on salvation I'd have to conclude it's Skie.

As Jon asked how can someone say those who leave the altar crying because they haven't spoke in tongues aren't saved?

4. stubble hunter

PLEASE provide my comments regarding the fact that I said the second theif on the cross was given the Holy Spirit. search, but you won't find it. what I said was that the second theif on the cross was saved WITHOUT speaking in tongues which you have said is a prerequisite to salvation. under the gospel you are proclaiming, i can conspire with someone to speak in tongues, have that individual say "this is what it means" be baptized with water, i'll even give you complete immersion (although that's another topic for discussion) and be saved. that's great, i'm going to start a movement which does exactly that i'll make lots of money and folks can be guarenteed of their salvation. what we are saying is that there is NO scriptural evidence that one has to speak in tongues to be saved.

balls in your court.

5. stubble hunter

simple, when Christ died and the temple veil was torn in two. it signified that access to God was completed by the perfect obedience and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Mark 15:38

or how about when God said, "This is my son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17. I'd say if God gives you His approval your glorified.

6. stubble hunter

Skie,

A few scripture verses outlining the work of the Holy Spirit prior to Pentecost, seems like He's been pretty busy for a long time.

I don't know what exactly to make of the verse you cited, but I can say that the Holy Spirit was active in the lives of believers prior to Christ coming and ascending into heaven.

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.

Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, of Moses and his people. Where is he who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? Where is he who put in the midst of them his Holy Spirit,

Mar 12:36 David himself, in the Holy Spirit, declared, "'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet.'

Luk 1:15 for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy--the Son of God.

Luk 1:41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit,

Luk 1:67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

Luk 2:26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 4:1 And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness

Luk 10:21 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.

Luk 11:13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

7. skiebuster

Stubble, its good to see you open the bible and look up verses pertaining to the HG.

Since we understand that God, Jesus and the Spirit are one, then we should be able to comprehend that the promise of the comforter given came to all people of the world. Not just the children of Israel. So, with the verse I quoted you, Jesus said He wasnt glorified, that came when He ascended into Heaven. He told the Apostles and those that were with Him when He left them that the comforter, IE the Holy Ghost, would come to them to lead and guide them.

With that being said, Peter unlocked the keys to Heaven and in Acts 2 we can read the rest of the story.

So, until the HG fell from Heaven, the Jews were under the old law. The thief that asked Jesus to remember him indeed went to Paradise, or Heaven.

When Peter preached to those in the streets on the day of Pentecost and told them how they must be saved, so should we.

I will take the salvation he preached and nothing less.

If you or anyone else wish to do it your way, go ahead. But I cannot and wont accept anything less than what Jesus and the Apostles tells us.

8. skiebuster

your laughable.

Jesus Christ is the giver of the Holy Ghost.

He washes the sins spiritually when you receive the baptism of water after you have a repentant heart. Some in the bible received His Holy Ghost before baptism of water. whats so hard to understand about that ?

Jesus told Nicodemus that he must be born of water and of Spirit. or that he wouldnt get into Heaven.

As far as Jons questions, its a very good question he asked. I dont know the reason why the people he has gone to church with for years are not speaking in tongues.

The big difference between us is tongues. I know tongues comes with the HolyGhost and you deny that. Go on with yourself then. Its okay with me, do as you will.

9. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

What's laughable? The fact you change your stance or tip toe around a statement?, Or the fact you can't back your belief up with actual scripture? Or that there's a difference between the Jews and Gentiles?

If you haven't had your sins spiritually washed away then you don't have the Holy Spirit inside of you. It's that simple. You cannot be saved if your sins have not been forgiven. You've stated it's absolute proof of being saved if you speak in tongues. If that's the case your sins have been forgiven, and water baptism is not needed. Light and darkness can't be in the same spot.

10. stubble hunter