Pentecostal "Altar Call".....

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by wingmastr23, Sep 23, 2009.

1. stubble hunter

stubble hunter Senior Refuge Member

nobody on this forum is denying that the Holy Spirit dispenses the gift of tongues, we disagree on what tongues are, but nobody on here disagrees that the Holy Spirit dispenses them.

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

I have backed it up with scripture, and you choose to believe our own way. And thats ok.

The light is Gods Holy Spirit, darkness is of the devil. If a person is possessed by a evil spirit, thats where light cannot inhabit where there is darkness.

3. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

You've given scripture that in no uncertain terms states you have to speak in tongues to be saved? Where's it at?

4. stubble hunter

stubble hunter Senior Refuge Member

wrong gospel again. the bible makes no delination between being possesed with an evil spirit and unregenerate. the little old lady who feeds the birds everyday, cares for children and gives her last penny to poor is in just as much need of the Holy Spirit to regenerate here as the demoniac that Christ healed.

we are all born spiritually dead. were are only given spiritual life once the Holy Spirit in dwells in us. again. basic christianity. Ephesians chapter 2, Roamans 8, 9, 10, 11.

5. deadeye10

deadeye10 Senior Refuge Member

I don't have the time to get involved in this thread at this time but I wanted to try and help you understand some things that appear to be clear to you yet not to others.

You have stated numerous times that you have "backed it up with Scripture" and "you won't accept anything less than what Jesus and the Apostles tell us." Here is something apparently you do not comprehend based on all your interaction on this forum. You read a portion of Scripture and based on your understanding of what you think it means, you draw a conclusion in your mind. Someone else reads the same portion of Scripture and comes to a different conclusion than you do. It is clear in your mind and therefore the other person must be wrong. The text seems very clear to you. I would venture to say that it seems very clear to the opposing party as well. The bottom line is that one or both opposing views are wrong. They certainly are not both right.

Has the thought ever entered your mind that it's possible that your view is wrong? It's also possible that the other view is wrong BUT the reason so many different people are opposing you is that you can't substantiate what you believe to be true. There are times when you provide some Scripture to back up what you believe but more often than not they do not satisfy the opposing party. Primarily because they are out of context or completely unrelated to the subject. I'm sure you don't see this as true but it should give you pause when there is such opposition to your views.

Please understand that many of the definitions you place on words are not the ones others would see as correct. Defining your terms would go a long way in helping you communicate with others.

You also must realize that many times you contradict yourself and you don't see it as a problem. Others are continually frustrated by it. You said several posts ago that "As far as Jons questions, its a very good question he asked. I dont know the reason why the people he has gone to church with for years are not speaking in tongues." You see, you can't be dogmatic about a topic and then say you don't know why something that apparently contradicts that stance can happen. You can't insist that you are right and then say you are not sure why. You have no credibility as you waffle back and forth with your positions.

I hope you will take some of this to heart as you continue to dialog.

Steve