Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Permanent spread or pick up

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Cootershooter, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Cootershooter

Cootershooter New Member

Was wondering what people do. I am planning on trying to getting a dry field lease for the first time in the sac vally. I was wondering if people are successful leaving decoys out or if they pick them up. I have about 800 socks and 10 dozen FB and shells. Not sure if I can leave the socks out all season and them hold up. Most are sillosocks. Any advice or experiences are greatly appreciated.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

If you always have fresh birds, I see no issues with leaving a spread out. We would leave ours out if we were hunting multiple days. After getting some stolen from doing that, they get picked up daily now.

3. Cootershooter

Cootershooter New Member

Damn that's dirty.

4. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

Depends. If you're always getting fresh birds leave it out. If you're hunting the same group of birds move around. If you only have one field leave it out.

Socks will hold up fine as long as they aren't rubbing on something.

5. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Our spread sits out for close to 3 months here in California, it is all full bodies

6. Cootershooter

Cootershooter New Member

Ya not sure I can do all full bodies. That may be a little out of my price range. Maybe as the years go on. I've seen some of your videos Kid, very nice.

KID CREOLE likes this.