Pheasant Marsala

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by SeniorCoot, Dec 19, 2005.

1. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Had about 20 horse club friends over for party yesterday, They brought finins and we made entrees-Pheasant Marsala(just like veal version) is fast, easy,and super. then i also made 4 small smoked moose roasts which i sliced then and made BBQ with. Lucky I made enough so we had some leftovers to take to evening party at local tavern.

2. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

And the recipe is where??? C'mon don't tease.

3. SeniorCoot

Ok not teasing but wanted to see if there was any interest:
    Amounts will vary and I do this one more or less on instinct as I have been doing it for years but I'll try and put it down with amounts
    3 pheasants---skinless and boneless-3 breast and 6 leg pcs.
    2C ---------- seasoned flour( I use seasoned salt 2tsp or so)
    1lb -----------fresh mushrooms-sliced
    1/2C ---------diced onion
    1/2-1C--------oleo/butter
    1/2C -------- flour
    1/2C ---------Marsala wine
    3-4C --------chix stock
    S & P --------to taste
    1)cut breasts into 3 pcs,and pound flat -pound the leg pcs.Dredge in seasoned flour.
    2) heat oleo/butter as needed in a large saute pan( for this amount I used a lge electric fry pan) and brown pcs well on both sides-remove from pan and hold.
    3)add a bit more butter to pan a cook mushrooms and onions till tender. Add enough flour to pan to make a roux and cook 2-3 minutes.
    4) Add Marsala and deglaze pan. Add chix stock and stir until slightly thickened and smooth.
    5)Place pheasant pcs in pan ,cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. the flour remaining on pheasant should further thicken Sc.Adjust thickness and season with salt and pepper. For a bit more spicy version I often add Zatrain's ot Tony's creole seasoning to taste.
    Serve over egg noodles with a green vegetable and light red or heavy white wine.

4. 733SubDucker

733SubDucker Elite Refuge Member

oh moose roast...mmmmmmmmmmm:cool: so good

did ya make sandwiches with the left overs. sliced thin with au jus on a crusty roll is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grvn :grvn

now just get me a lottery permit so i can shoot one:cry

5. SeniorCoot

Yes-Yesterday we took our labs to game Farm where they stay when we travel and after a shoot we had some frinds and the guys from the game farm for lunch- crusty little rolls with moose BBQ and venison/cranberry sausage -crackers- and Beer.
    say 733SubDucker- you must be at Naval base?? my wife and i land manana in Bangor and are soending 5 days with my aunt who turns 94 on the 26th- we will be at Blue Hill.

6. 733SubDucker

733SubDucker Elite Refuge Member

i used to be on subs (SSBN 733). now i'm finishing up my degree at the university of maine @ orono with my GI bill. have fun in Maine. Blue Hill is a pretty nice place about 45 minutes south of me. :tu

7. SeniorCoot

Will do and you have a good Holidays