Phil Robertson says you can't know right from wrong without God.

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by CPLZ, Mar 25, 2015.

1. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Elite Refuge Member

Very sorry to hear that.

Would you describe some life events as "a" hell on earth? No religious connotation here if you like.

Not trying to pin you down whatsoever.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Not any more than the folks who were fighting side by side with me in those situations. Upbringing doesn't make or break a man. A man does. Most where I'm from never attempt to escape their surroundings (drugs, lack of jobs, gov't assistance). I haven't had a bad life. I've done well for myself. Just a dysfunctional childhood. I didn't know any different, because, well, I didn't know any different.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I'm in the dark on your profession. Are you an attorney? If so, I would say you do more than assist and oversee with the gathering of evidence used by the court. You argue one side of evidence, to make your case against the other side. Don't take that as a bash on you, but if you are an attorney, your job doesn't end with assist and oversee with the gathering of evidence used by the court. Again, I don't know your profession, so I could be way off.

4. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

No. Im not an attorney.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night. If this was as "settled" as you seem to believe then it wouldn't be the controversial topic that it is.

6. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

Stop dodging the question. You said scripture is fact. Well?

Did a man really live in whale or not? Did a man build a homemade boat and save all the animals? Did a woman really magically turn into a pillar of salt? Are these what you consider facts?

BTW humans did evolve from microbes, that's a real fact.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  7. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

It isn't controversial, that's my point. Almost no one argues against it any longer, Christian or atheist. Like I said, there are a few holdouts back in the woods of Kentucky and other isolated spots lacking education but that's it. There's not one current politician on either side of the aisle who would dare refute it. That should tell you something about how settled it is.

8. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Really? and this real fact is; Verifiable How?, Testable how? Repeatable how? Observable how? Measurable how?

9. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Are you serious? Politicians wont give you a straight answer as to who their favorite sports teams are. Do you expect me or anybody here to consider a politicians view as a litmus test as to whether that issue is "settled".

I hope you aren't driving to work this morning. I think you still may be drunk or stoned.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You should spend some time with Google, I assure you it's not as settled as you think. Microevolution maybe, I'll give you that, but none of us have really claimed to have issue with that. But since it's so rock solid that we came from microbes show me some proof? I don't mean some "evidence" and then what you interpret to fill in the blank spots between what you can find, I mean actual proof. Similar DNA doesn't really fly; after all if someone designs and constructs a neighborhood odds are they're going to use a lot of the same basic building materials. Show me a change of kind where one species turns into something completely different. Show me where it all started for that matter. Yeah I know, evolution isn't meant to explain that, but I'd say it's a rather important don't you think?
    Bottom line is you have little in the way of proof of anything, and a whole lot of ideas and theories based on a very limited number of old fossils with athiest scientists doing the theorizing. Yup, real convincing. :rolleyes: