Phil Robertson says you can't know right from wrong without God.

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by CPLZ, Mar 25, 2015.

1. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

Still dodging my question I see.

2. tubshooter

I can Google the flying spaghetti monster too and find some stuff. Does that make it real?

I did google this. You should read it.

The Sorrows and Joys of Teaching Evolution at an Evangelical Christian University
    http://biologos.org/blog/the-sorrows-and-joys-of-teaching-evolution

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Nope. Testing to see if what you claim as fact meets the standards. You say this is fact:
    Yet it meets none of the standards you state are needed to establish a scientific fact.

Here is a fact for you.

#1. Nothing created everything (the big bang) not Verifiable, Testable, Repeatable, Observable, or Measurable.

#2. Life spontaneously created itself not Verifiable, Testable, Repeatable, Observable, or Measurable. AND

#3. Humans evolved from microbes not Verifiable, Testable, Repeatable, Observable, or Measurable.

The very core or foundation of your entire system of beliefs doesn't meet ANY of the standards you say need to be met in order to be considered fact. BUT....you say its fact??? How is that possible???

There is more fact in one sentence of scripture than in every book on evolution ever printed because the root of your belief system is corrupt (by corrupt I mean not based on fact).

4. tubshooter

So you refuse to answer. I don't blame you.

5. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

I will answer as soon as you admit that the foundation of your model of creation, evolution, and origin of life, do not meet the criteria required to be classified as a scientific fact.

Scripture is testable, observable in some cases, verifiable in some cases, repeatable in some cases, and measurable in some cases.

As previously stated NONE of your core beliefs meet ANY of the criteria.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

What's your definition of micro-evolution? How often does it happen? Does everything micro-evolve?

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Same as everyone else's. How about you? How often depends on what you're talking about.

How about macro--you believe that something was a fish then one day it birthed a horse? That's essentially what's being claimed. It's said it's too slow for us to see or verify--but if's that's so why do we not have evidence showing an actual slow progression from one thing to another? I know you'll answer with evolution is like a bush not a ladder---which would mean that creatures would make drastic changes rather quickly. Sure, you can show where a bacteria evolved into a new species--but how come we haven't seen a bacteria turn into an insect or a lizard?

8. stevena198301

So, a whole bunch of micro-evolution over millions of years doesn't equal evolution to you? If a bass becomes a gar, and a gar becomes a gator, etc, etc? But a fish can become another species of fish, it just can't grow legs? What say ye of a snakehead? It's a fish, but can be on land for long durations. I'm seriously trying to follow you thoughts on it, since you brought up the belief in micro-evolution.

9. stevena198301

As to the "How about you question"... I really don't know. I lean more on the evolution side than the creationist side. But I also believe our universe is much bigger than we think. I believe in multiple universes. Think of an ant living in an enclosed football stadium. To him, the stadium is his universe. He can't see past it's walls. But there is a whole other space outside it that he knows nothing about. The scale is off, but you should get my point. We can only see so far in space. Are we to believe nothing is beyond what we can see? How do we know that what we consider to be the smallest of matter isn't gigantic to something much smaller that lives on it? Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, right?

10. tubshooter

Let's stick to evolution. It meets all the criteria of scientific fact. It's heavily supported by evidence. It's testable by virtue of the fact it's falsifiable. If for example someone were to find the skeleton of a rabbit in geologic layers before such complexity evolved it would blow the whole theory of evolution out of the water. That type of thing has never happened. It's therefore tested every time someone conducts a new dig. It's testable through DNA sequencing which wholly cooroborates the fossil evidence. You can observe it on any isolated animal population. You can deny it as I'm sure you will but tomr does not know something the entire scientific community does not. You should do some simple reading before you throw out Christian website nonsense as fact.

Your comments on scripture are ridiculous. There is zero evidence any of it ever happened. There is no way to verify any of it except through more scripture. To call it measureable is absurd. The bible is not a history book nor a science book. It's just imaginative stories written by goat herders and there's nothing to suggest it's anything more.

I realize you can't answer my questions because you know in your heart they are not facts but to admit that is to deny your faith. You know a man never lived inside of a whale and no one ever talked to a snake.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015