Phil Robertson, The anti-gay, I'm shocked

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by capthunterdude, Dec 18, 2013.

1. capthunterdude

capthunterdude Senior Refuge Member

Really, mainstream media! You had no clue that Phil was against homosexuality. How is anyone in our country surprised by this, regardless of sexual orientation. These guys have been all over the place for the past year, and people are shocked by his speaking out about homosexuality.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

I am starting to like Phil more and more and more. Not because of his speaking out against homosexuality, that is his opinion, and probably has been for the past 30 years or so, but this guy refuses to change anything about who he is to accommodate the mainstream media. He is who he is, and he will be who is.

2. mrdux

mrdux Elite Refuge Member

I've been a fan of Phil since their 1st videos and calls came out. He has his convictions and refuses to change. AMEN!! That makes me like him even more.

3. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

What?!?!?!? A reborn Christian duck hunter from rural Louisana thinks homosexuality is a sin????

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!

4. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Would've liked to see Phil go on to speak on aspects beyond it being sinful.

Great opportunity for Phil to state that he aligns with the biblical view of it being sinful but that folks should be free to sin until they infringe on another and that govt shouldn't discriminate against them. A great platform to make those important points....along with noting that attraction itself regardless of gender is not noted as sin in the Bible until and unless such manifests itself as lust, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality etc.

That would've cut off the GLAAD response right from the start, even though it of course ignores that Phil just gave his view on something being sinful rather than speak on the issues they attached it to--legal recognition regarding gay marriage.

What vile and extreme stereotypes is Cruz referring to anyway? Homosexuality?

5. capthunterdude

The show is the show, and it is what is. I first fell in loves with these guys along time ago when they did a spot on one of the first Whistling Wings videos.

I just can't believe that people find his opinions shocking. They have to know that he is not going to BS any of this stuff. He is old school and it has been quite refreshing that he has the guts to be opinionated even if it is not what the mainstream wants to hear.

I wonder what the production meetings with him are like before filming the shows?

6. Scauphunter

Scauphunter Senior Refuge Member

I have liked Phil for his stand on pretty much everything. He doesn't change his views for anyone. I wish a lot more Americans were just like him.

7. capthunterdude

I am sure that there was more discussed regarding the topic. There always is.

I have heard Phil preach, and his message is always the same. Speak out about what is not right but love the soul in the wrong. Sin is sin, and all have sinned. it is usually very black and white. Not much room for grey from him.

8. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Another missed opportunity was saying that regarding his own sinful past lifestyle he had 'moved on' rather than pointing out to the interviewer that though he didn't make amends with particular individuals (for various reasons), he had indeed repented....which I assume in reality he has.

9. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Dare i say i suspected the Lord may just use the Robertson's, They clearly read the Bible and know the Lord so they stand by and obey His word. In these let all evil have its way liberal times his comments are a breath of fresh air. :tu

10. BLKFTDN

BLKFTDN Elite Refuge Member

agreed...

add to that, their little show has its moments but IMO the best part of every episode is the family/dinner/prayer.