Phil Robertson, The anti-gay, I'm shocked

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by capthunterdude, Dec 18, 2013.

1. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I don't care if this gets deleted or not.
    I have good and bad news for you 10ga.
    And deep down you know what i am saying here is right because you were concerned about your sons salvation from the onset of this problem, so recognizing this was and still is a good thing.
    The bad thing is he is still in sin, sorry you can not ignore this tough as it is, its fact, full stop!
    The really good news now is no matter how much you think you love your son, and i am sure you do with all your heart, God loves him infinitely more and wants him to stop sinning.
    Good news indeed :)
    He will be forgiven God promises this his price is paid, God paid that with his own son that is just how much he loves your little boy. You can not make this suity fit 10ga, you cant dilute gods word make it fit yours or your sons needs.
    You dont need me to tell you all this either do you:fp
    You know whats got to happen along with every other true christian brother and sister on this board. Your lad has to repent and change his ways from sin just like bank Robers shop lifters mass murderers terrorists traffic light jumpers illegal street racers prostitutes or guys ogling scantily dressed women as they walk down the street on a hot day.
    Its all sin no measurements here out of compliance with gods word period straight to hell if no repentance.
    Think on not everyone is saved at the same time, and we are all at different levels in our walk with God different stages if you like, and some may not get to know god until the very last seconds of life here on earth fan the flames !
    So may be its just not your little boys time yet, i dont know, only God knows. But he has a purpose here your lad, God had him on mind before you ever knew him, his path sadly may never have been to be saved it could be his position is just to test you or even me or some other person no one knows apart from God.:)
    But thats not to say god as abandoned your son no he loves him and wants him to come to heal to accept him, and nothing would give god more pleasure.
    What to do. Pray you have to pray never ceasing prayer asking Our almighty and merciful father to forgive us our sins, steer you boy from his sins and save him.
    No quick fix here then. well you never know, you got to pray i will pray and i never clapped eyes on the lad. Keep the faith you know what i have said here is all true, the fact you were concerned about his salvation screamed that from the start.
    You know what you got to do, same as all believers on here. now do it and trust in the Lord leave it with him, we cant begin to understand his love for us.

2. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

We are all sinners. I am not proud of some of the things I have done in my past. I have gave my life to Christ. We have friends that are gay. God loves them as much as anyone else in this world. But its important as Christians to love our neighbor as ourselves. I dont pass judgement on anyone, but If given the opportunity I love my neighbors enough to share the good word of Christ anytime I am given the opportunity. We cannot sweep another persons door step when ours is dirty. If anyone would like to learn about Christ and how he can change your life feel free to PM me. Merry Christmas all.

3. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

That is the crux of what the irreligious simply cannot grasp.

Furthermore, if you truly "love" your child, you will love the sinner by HATING THE SIN, and by pointing out the follies of his or her ways. The path of least resistance is to resign yourself to the sin(s) of your child, and to "go along to get along". That is a copout and is a failure of love. Those with true strength will retain and speak the convictions of God.

4. KENNEDY63

By definition all of our doorsteps are "dirty", for we are all sinners. And telling someone that their actions are contrary to God's teachings is not passing judgment, as God Himself will eventually provide the judgment for all of us.

5. KENNEDY63

I had a physician client who had a similar experience. Tore him up for years. And then God told him to "love her". He made peace.

6. blood of the ram

blood of the ram Elite Refuge Member

I think you're confusing Christianity with Festivus. People celebrating Festivus are the ones who do "Airing of Grievances" during the Festivus meal and in which each person tells everyone else all the ways they have disappointed him or her over the past year.

7. DR CABELA

DR CABELA Banned

you are a sick person............

8. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

While I appreciate and respect your opinion and opinions, the truth is, I'm very proud of my son and who he is. I pray for him every day but not for God to change him. He has a heart of gold and would do anything in the world for me or a stranger. The man he has turned out to be is much more than most people I know, including myself. He graduates college this year with a 3.7 GPA, top of his class, and holds down 3 jobs so when he graduates, he'll have less than $5,000 in student loans. As far as fixing him, I see nothing to fix and like I said, I "was" concerned but God gave me peace about it and I know deep down inside, he's just fine. God bless you and yours and I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a blessed new years.............10ga

9. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

Just curious about your user name, it's the title of a song from one of my favorite bands, The Gourds. Probably not, but had to ask.

10. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

I wish you both the best. I see sin as something to fix. Doesn't matter which one or who it is. I myself have plenty. I don't pray for peace about them, quite the contrary. I pray for ability to overcome them.