Photo collages?????????

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Rangerbob, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I just found out my old lab has cancer and won't be around much longer, so I am thinking of different things to do keep his memory fresh. One of the things I would like to do is a photo collage of him and was wondering if any of you had done anything similar. I am not very computer savvy so if I did it myself it would have to be pretty simple. The other option is to send the pictures off and get a pro to do it. Any thoughts?
    Some of the other things I am planning on doing is to have Randy Cesco with Cold Front calls make a call urn that I can keep on my lanyard, also put some of his ashes and hair in a small glass vial and put that in the butt stocks of my duck guns so that he will still be with me when I hunt, and lastly make a sign with his name on it and put it up on a tree in our favorite hunting spot where I am going to spread his ashes.
    I know all of this sounds kinda hokey and overkill but he was/is a very special friend. It has been just him and I for the last 8yrs. and he is responsible for getting back into hunting after a long lay off.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  2. fishmunkee

fishmunkee Senior Refuge Member

Nothing wrong with remembering your dog the way you want to. They are (and certainly should be) important parts of our life. Putting together a photo collage is easy. I do them of my kid for my wife, sister, grandfolks, etc. for Xmas every year using Walmart's photo shop and pick them up in an hour. If you can upload pics you can make a photo collage (click upload pic button then navigate to the folder you store them in). You can play with number of pics, size, layout, background color, some simple phto editing until you get something you like. Takes about an hour the first time then about 10-15 minutes after that. Other companies have the same service but I have not used them.

3. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

a good friend of mine lost his lab a few years ago. The next year, on opening day, he gave each of us a shot shell loaded with "Clete's" ashes. It was a special hunt for sure.

I've go the ashes of two dogs ( that passed 20 years ago, and 8 years ago) that I still haven't done anything with. I've been thinking decoys, but your ideas sound fitting , too.

I don't know the circumstance with you dog, but don't give up on him too soon. My first dog had an aggressive form of cancer (hemangioma carcinoma) with tumors, and the vet suggested putting him down right away. He lived another 3 years before I finally had to make that decision.

4. duck stopper

duck stopper Elite Refuge Member

I've had a couple done by PhotoBucket. You can get them in different sizes on canvas mat stretched over a frame. Check it ou to get an idea of sizes and prices and then wait for a sale.

5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

6. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Ranger, I think what you plan to do is great.