Picking a Litter Questions

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by serper3, Feb 19, 2018.

1. serper3

serper3 New Member

Thanks guys!

I was thinking of coming up on Sunday morning. Are you going to be there on Sunday at all? We must be pretty close in age lol.

Doc, I am in Northern CA, so that would be over 6 hours for me.

2. serper3

serper3 New Member

There are also no events starting on Sunday, I believe. Do they usually run later and carry into Sunday? Thanks all and I am sorry for all the questions!

3. Labsforme

Labsforme Senior Refuge Member

Usually the Open and Am run into Sunday unless the Open judges are doing the Derby too. There will be something running Sundays. Several trials in Corning now too. Entry Express will show those as well. Also hunt tests are on EE.

4. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

5. serper3

serper3 New Member

What is this supposed to be?

6. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Most all of the "pedigree"/"sire"/"dam"/"pro" threads wind up being a "urinating" or "biggus dickus" contest.

Google "Skin Deep"............condom scene.

I think you'll understand then.

7. mikehmike

mikehmike Refuge Member

My from my little experience guessing sizes of puppies is never accurate...the two parents of my puppy were both around 70lbs and every puppy from the litter is already 75+ with my dog being the smallest at 75lbs (1 1/2years)

8. Labsforme

Labsforme Senior Refuge Member

Dork, no needed unecessary comments here as it hasn't happed to this thread.

9. serper3

serper3 New Member

I totally get that, but definitely want to maximize my chances of getting a smaller dog. Sort of like testing for hips/elbows isn't a guarantee i guess. If I get a pup that end up being 120 pounds, I by no means will be upset knowing i reasonably made effort to get a smaller dog, and it didn't work out.

I checked out the FT on Sunday at grizzly island. it was awesome watching the dogs work. definitely something i can see myself doing.

10. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

Serper3.......I have lined up both hi-quality pups and a real good 1 yr old female started dog. Please PM me if you want the contacts and additional details. Litter pups ready in June-July are not known at this time. It's only April and the 63 day gestation time would not start until early-late April so bitches are not being bred right now and the hi-quality litters are not advertised......they go quickly and deposits are down before the pups are born.. Why not jus tPM me for my phone # and I'll get you headed in the right direction.