Pickled egg recipe

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by weatherby, Dec 21, 2005.

1. WOODIE13

WOODIE13 Elite Refuge Member

Try 2 doz eggs, some beets (@ 4 cans) with some pickling spice, add a little apple cider vinegar (or regular), let set for 3 days. Just got finished with a batch, another in the fridge. Very good.

Also have seen some make them in hot sausage juice, just do not care for them.

2. TEAMGTG

TEAMGTG Senior Refuge Member

We eat lots of dill pickles in our house, and the easiest way to pickle eggs is to drop freshly boiled and peeled eggs into a recently emptied dill pickle jar full of the leftover pickling juice. As long as you keep the jar refrigerated you can use it over and over again. The longer you let them set, the better they are (a week minimum) :tu

Though the Colonel's wife's recipe sounds awesome, I'll give that one a try!

3. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

An evening of pickled eggs and beer make the next morning in the blind interesting for your hunting buddy..:tu:tu

4. stuwest

stuwest Elite Refuge Member

i've pickled pigeon eggs before and basically used the Colonel's wifes recipe. They are fine sliced on a piece of extra strong Wi cheddar & cracker in a goose blind with hot coffee for breakfast...

never tried the sausage. will have to...

5. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

This musta came up when I was gone- man I love pickled eggs with Tabasco,S&P, and BEER! and made some about 4 mos ago will copy these recipes and make some soonest- thanks

6. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

I like that recipe. I'm gonna try it but add some habanero to the vinegar mixture.

7. stuwest

stuwest Elite Refuge Member

With easter coming up, it would seem the time to try some chicken eggs...

8. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Equal parts water and vinegar, 10 jalepeno's sliced up, add some Montreal steak seasoning and let sit 14 days minimum. I eat a slice of Jalepeno with each bite.

9. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Put up a DZ today- thry look real good with beet ju for color-added a few slices of jalepeno along with onions this time we'll see how thet taste in a week.

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

Can you use pickle or sauerkraut juice/brine? I do like the ones in beet juice though! :bow