Pics of RDC vs BF vs GHG vs HC

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Duckjunkie194, Nov 6, 2014.

1. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

Is the feather tech system like that of a dropzone?

2. Tealer

Tealer Senior Refuge Member

3. beninchelan

beninchelan Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the pics I always thought the DSD's looked tan not gray like our birds RDC has the color right on..

I like the rain comment, yes here in the Northwest we all hunt in the rain, all the time... really..... that's why I hate duck hunting jackets that say "waterproof" they might be for 5 min, but that's it.

As far as the feather tech I understand it's a type of rubberized flat clear coat they use after they paint em, it costs $5 more per bird. I am very interested to see how these hold up.

They look great, I have re-painted a lot of DSD'S to look more like the birds I hunt & really like the paint scheme RDC uses..

4. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

Good comparison pics. I LOVE that 19 years after Dave first carved the Lesser, we FINALLY have something that compares haha! And poor RCD, Dave is releasing his new lesser this summer. It incorporates everything he's learned in the last two decades of making decoys. I know for myself his lessers are probably his least impressive decoys. I mean look at his strutter turkey, his deer, his honkers and his cacklers. I've always felt that every time he comes out with a new decoy its better than the last. I don't think the new lessers will be an exception! Trust me, he's aware of the issues that need fixing and he's full of new cutting edge ideas to put them out in front of the pack like they've always been.

Also, they are currently in the process of moving into a way bigger facility, hiring a few more guys and I think alot of people will be surprised at how quickly the waiting list is taken care of..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  5. Excaliber

Excaliber Elite Refuge Member

The RDC's do look pretty nice but will they hold up in the long run? The Hardcore's sure didn't and this is the same guy behind these decoys. Only time will tell if they are as durable as a DSD.

I have 8-9 year old DSD's and they look like new except for flocking rub spots and some slight bill, tail and raised primary feather paint scuffing.

As far as colors go DSD will paint them how you want. Mine are a bit darker and not as grey as I would like but I've never had any geese complain.
    The darker color may attract better and the poses are as good as it gets.

All I know is it's very difficult to tell the live birds in the DSD Honkers.

6. RealDuck

RealDuck New Member

The decoy on far right that is called a Big Foot Bull is not a big Foot Bull. It is a Big Foot Standard. The Big Foot Bulls look more like the other bull decoys pictured.

7. inhuntr

inhuntr Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for clarifying that. :tu

8. Hunter_908

Hunter_908 New Member

Some one on here asked about RDC vs a live bird. I was able to get a shot of one this last season. I ran 36 honker/lessors this last season and I was very pleased to say the least. I have had no issues to date with paint or flocking. The feather teck process is like none I have seen before. It didnt matter what type of condition I put them in, they didnt shine at all. I was very impressed with these and actually ended up purchasing 40 speck dekes as well that I used all of the late season with no issues. Can I tell you in 3yrs they will still be holding up, no, but after season 1 they still look really good and are ready for season 2. So personally for me I'm going to continue to build my RDC spread money allowing...lol

[​IMG]

9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

That's a great pic

10. Tealer

Tealer Senior Refuge Member

Awesome pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk