Pics of RDC vs BF vs GHG vs HC

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Duckjunkie194, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

Its funny to me how many people on this thread have been commenting about how "grey" their geese are. This live goose seems very brown to me. So have all the rest of the geese I've ever seen. RCD looks alot like the goose in this pic!

2. Jay L

Jay L Senior Refuge Member

It's a good picture for comparison. How did you bag the RDCs that you used?

3. Hunter_908

Hunter_908 New Member

Jay L, I do individually bag these. If i have access to drive into a field i will just unload them off my trailer walls in their individual bags. If i have to walk in I will throw them in a six slot bags and tote them to where i need.

4. Jay L

Jay L Senior Refuge Member

Thanks,

I have some on the way excited to see them

5. CrahNX

CrahNX Elite Refuge Member

That's about as close as I've seen. Definitely at least on par with DSDs looks wise. If they would darken the backs up just a little, that decoy would go from 85% to 95% in matching the live bird.

6. MurderMostFowl

MurderMostFowl Refuge Member

Well, my 4-pack of RDC honkers arrived, and I'm lucky enough to live by a park with a few pairs of live canadas in it.
    I've had quite a few decoys over the last 15 years, including BigFoot, second year Avery honkers (solid plastic foot bases), '04 HardCore honkers and lessers, Avery Pro lessers and FFD lessers. Somehow I picked up 5 DropZone Elites online.

In 2009 my trailer was stolen- with all 6 Doz FFD Lessers, all the hardcores, and Avery Pro-grades. (Along with layout blinds, flags, snow-covers, etc.)
    I "down-sized" to 30 Dave Smith Honkers, hard side (non-ACE). I single bag in 6-slot bags, and can get all of them, plus 2 x-landr's inside the truck bed with a shell.
    I have been hunting those Dave Smith's since then. 6 years. They stay in the back of my truck basically September to January. I've added six ACE Honkers, when they came out, to try the new material.

Well, back to the point. I've used A LOT of different decoys, including some spendy ones. I am not an advertiser, nor a detractor of any of these decoy companies. I'm just trying to show some photos I took, being a goose maniac with nothing to do in the off-season.

These were taken in full sunlight, about 10AM. Last Saturday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MurderMostFowl

8. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

Need to flock the birds' necks. Too much shine.

9. MurderMostFowl

Nah-
    I like my geese to be a little shiny...

[​IMG]

10. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Those are the first pics I have seen that don't leave me with my jaw on the floor over how incredible they look. Don't get me wrong, they still are the best of the bunch IMO in terms of replicating a live bird, but they ain't got nothing on mother nature.