Picture of khaki blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by 10 point, Jul 9, 2004.

1. 10 point

10 point Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone have a pic of the new avery finisher khaki blind or know a site that has one pictured? Thanks.

2. DUKHTR

DUKHTR Elite Refuge Member

There's an ad in the most recent WildFowl. First time I noted a new 'line'.

3. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

There is also a pic in the latest issue of DU. The pic looks just like a regular finisher that has been really mudded up good.
    If this is the color they have came up with it is a great match for hunting plowed fields.
    I cant wait to see one myself!!

4. Heflin

Heflin Senior Refuge Member

But will it be "wet gumbo brown" or "dry gumbo brown"? :l

There is a huge color difference there.

When we get these dry falls, the farmers plow everything up and there's not a shred of cover to hide in.

Hef

5. Duxrule

Duxrule Elite Refuge Member

Khaki green...not the khaki brown/tan. Soooo....more of an Okra-in-the-gumbo color than the bumgo itself. (there's okra in gumbo right??) :sp

6. JEDJR

Yes, you can put okra in gumbo!:tu :D The pic to me looks like a medium brown. Not a real wet mud, but not a light dry color that resembles natgear.
    I hunt fields myself that are plowed and bare with no cover at all. this blind will be perfect for this situation. Avery is really excited about being the first to come out with this blind/color combo. And you can always add mud from your field to get a ''perfect match''

These are the hardest fields to hunt/blend in, now Avery has you ''covered'':tu

7. Heflin

Our problem was when you mud them, then they dry, they really don't match the wet earth. Wet gumbo takes on a blackish appearance sometimes. That's why I liked the Max4 better than the Shadowgrass, little darker.

I always tried to find a patch of grass to put the blinds in, but it didn't always happen.

How well do you think the Killerweed will hold up? Would be really nice when hunting winter wheat, which it seems they go to around here in January, after they've fed on beans, rice and corn the first part of the season.

Well, heck. Avery's in Memphis...they gotta know what gumbo looks like.

Where is a pic of this blind, anyway?

Hef

8. JEDJR

They have a pic in the new issue of DU. The blind in the pic looks heavily mudded, but will blend pretty well for what it was intended for..
    I just had an idea though..after the blind is well mudded, you could keep a small spray bottle/plastic type that you can pick up at walmart, and fill it full of water. As needed, spray the top of your blind(lids,etc..) while you are laying in it to continue to give it that 'wet look'' to help keep the blind blended in better .
    Just something to think about, I will sure try it and see how it works.:tu

9. Heflin

Good idea, Jed. A buddy of mine suggested that also.

But what to do when it's below freezing....put Prestone in it? :l

Hef

10. Duxrule

Duxrule Elite Refuge Member

JEDJR is right, now that I look at it again. Thought it was more of a greenish, but is is that "dry gumbo" thing I think.