Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Pig hunt

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by Cptavery1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Cptavery1

Cptavery1 Senior Refuge Member

I will be Athens Georgia this Saturday-Monday. I would love to hunt some feral pigs one or two days. Guided, or unguided. Wondering if anybody can help me out or steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

2. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

Addison Wild Boar, about 2 1/2 hours or so below Athens. That's the only sure thing I can recommend.

http://www.wildhog.com/

3. DR CABELA

DR CABELA Banned

just got back from Addisons........killed 11 hogs..a couple over 400
    its about an hour south of Macon though in Abbeville
    Athens is in n GA if i rem correctly

4. Cptavery1

Cptavery1 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out I'm actually going to be in Albany, GA. Unfortunately I was hoping to spend more like $200. Looks like that won't happen. Anybody have any tips on going at it without a guide? I've got plenty of hunting experience, just all in the midwest so none with hogs. Help! If I don't figure something out, I'm just going to end up sitting in the hotel room cause I can't go home til monday.

5. jwhite

jwhite Refuge Member

I've never hog hunted so what I'll tell you is what I've been told. I've always wanted to go myself. If you're in ALbany there are a couple of WMA you could look into. One being Bond Swamp and Horse Creek. Maybe the ALtmaha as well. All you would need is a small game liscence and the required weapon for the hunt. Make sure you check the regs before you head out. Check www.gadnr.org for more info.

6. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

I maybe wrong but I think you have to be drawn for a permit to hunt deer and hogs in Bond Swamp and I think they do all the drawings in August. You might want to give them a call. But yeah, there are plenty of hogs in that area and it is just a few minutes south of macon.

7. QUACKATACK

QUACKATACK Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Yeah I got family in Albany and there were tons of hogs last time I went down to hunt. Not sure about public but I bet if you found some and did some looking you could get into them. (we hunted some private plantations). They told me there's not much public around like we have here. If you don't get any leads let me know. Addictioncalls@hotmail.com

8. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

If you want to drive to fla could send you on hunt for 150.00 we were there in jan everyone got a hog 90lbs to 150lbs

9. Ol' Red

Ol' Red Senior Refuge Member

I live in Albany and there are tons of pigs around here....as a matter of fact, one of our farms we hunt is loaded....I wish we could kill them all!!! Chickasawhatchee is LOADED with them too.

Red